Rocket for a F27-4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n1lul

Reaction score
For some reason I ordered a couple of short delay 29 mm F27-4 and now I need a rocket to go with them. Like I needed an excuse to get another rocket;)

Its got to be light. but high drag and a 29 mm mount.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sunwards' King Tut's pyramid. Don't get much more draggy than that and a bit unusual.

You could gamble on it and try it in a pemtech 3fnc..... It is a real gamble though

Try the hawks hobbies super trident it's a classiC upscale
Wait - you just asked me for information about this kit, and now you are recommending it to someone else?

You could gamble on it and try it in a pemtech 3fnc..... It is a real gamble though
Huh???

Nothing against Hawk's Hobby or Pem-Tech (both are good companies), but do you actually know enough about either kit to be making such judgments?

n1lul, there are a lot of rockets out there that will work with a short-delay F27. Normally, you would be concentrating on those that will not have a very long coast time. Really draggy designs, like saucers and pyramids, fit that bill. But "short delay" can be a situational judgment. In some of my rockets, a 4 second delay can seem like an eternity, and it is enough to give them nice, long coasts to apogee. Yet that is usually regarded as a short delay. I would suggest that you take a look at the rockets that you already have first and think back on how they fly and what you fly them on. You may already have something that will work.

MarkII

MarkII

I like the idea of the Sunward Pyramid or one of Art's designs. It is time for something different. I tend to be a altitude junkie.

I knew I was missing a bunch of kits when I was lookng aroung

I would love to see a upscale kit of the MLAS. I am finishing up my Quest MLAS and that was one cool rocket.

Thanks again

Wait - you just asked me for information about this kit, and now you are recommending it to someone else?

Huh???

Nothing against Hawk's Hobby or Pem-Tech (both are good companies), but do you actually know enough about either kit to be making such judgments?

MarkII

MarkII

Actually both those facts are proven A) you shouldn't be flying a 3fnc on the F27 :roll:
and the hawks hobbies super trident says "classic upscale on the box":roll:

and the hawks hobbies super trident says "classic upscale on the box":roll:
Have you built it and launched it? If not, then how do you know how it will fly? "Classic upscale" while true, doesn't tell you anything about how this particular kit flies.

Actually both those facts are proven A) you shouldn't be flying a 3fnc on the F27 :roll:
What is that supposed to mean? You, an 11 year old kid with a whole two years of rocketry experience, know all about how it will go on that motor even though you have never built or flown that rocket, or any of the others that have been mentioned? You have never even flown rockets on an F27 or any other F motor; in fact, you have never flown a rocket on anything larger than a C.

Yeah, right - ha-ha-ha. :rolleyes:

MarkII

Correction largest motor was an e-30 in an estes big daddy
and don't worry I'll get my first "F" when my report card comes home..... Yea right I'm a straight "a" student and I'll probobly use my first "f" motor whenever I desire to get an apogee aspire.

Last edited:
Back