Rocket finder .. beepers?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the ViFly work? I ask because I would assume a streamer or parachute landing wouldn't produced enough g-forces to activate the alarm, but I could be wrong.

I do not know the G trigger point but figure the launch or apogee deployment event would be the trigger.

Here is a flight sketch mini recording of Gs with my test flight of the noise maker. This was a 8oz rocket with a Aerotech E28t load. The rocket landed in a tree and was beeping all the way down from apogee.

Screenshot_20221211-155714_FlightSketch.jpg

I do not know the G trigger point but figure the launch or apogee deployment event would be the trigger.

Here is a flight sketch mini recording of Gs with my test flight of the noise maker. This was a 8oz rocket with a Aerotech E28t load. The rocket landed in a tree and was beeping all the way down from apogee.

View attachment 581482
I agree that it was probably the launch that set off the beeper. I'm getting more and more interested in this device, as I really like the idea of it automatically going off, but only under certain conditions, ie a launch.

Can you or someone else confirm it'll fit in a BT-20 tube?

Its VERY small. I can take measurements when i get back home.

Its 105DB. Less than most keychain alarms but plenty loud. Almost negligible difference to the untrained ear. Mine came shrink wrapped. Not completely so moisture/scratch resistant but not water proof.

LED was bright enough to be noticeable once you get close at night.
For 15 bucks, great buy.

Last edited:
Its VERY small. I can take measurements when i get back home.

Its 105DB. Less than most keychain alarms but plenty loud. Almost negligible difference to the untrained ear. Mine came shrink wrapped. Not completely so moisture/scratch resistant but not water proof.

LED was bright enough to be noticeable once you get close at night.
For 15 bucks, great buy.
23mm long. 13mm wide. 13mm tall. my scale had problems even registering it. Lol

Last edited:
I haven't flown it yet. Still working on an attachment method. However, i did several "vigourous shake tests" and it activated every time. I assume a launch would activate but we shall see.

Back