Rocket Eating Tree-Follow Up

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heh heh... just hope the drag is nill or you may have a high speed sinker coming back at you !!

definately post the results,, I have a couple in need of retrieval myself.

Interesting: but I prefer an Open faced spinning reel, closed face reels create to much internal line drag slowing and shortinging the line arc;) besides if you use an open face you can load it with 50 to 100lb mono that will not require hositing a heavier line over the branch.

great idear

i have been using a version of this for about 8 years at whitakers nc

this type of recovery can also be used to recover rockets from mud flats, swamps. and ponds.

DO NOT USE THIS METHOD TO RECOVER A ROCKET FROM A POWER LINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but instead of using a fishing reel i just put the line in an open box or a plastic bucket.

then i use the fishing line to pull the parachute cord back up over the parachute bridle.

its a good idear to purchase an extra pouch and rubber to replace one if it breaks in the field. store the slingshot out of direct sunlight when not in use it causes the rubber to get weak and break

higher the tree use lighter weight fishing line.

u can purchase a large roll of floresent orange parachute cord from ebay for around 45 bucks. not bad for 1200 feet !!!!

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=135&item=6511645021&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

bobby "birddog" hamill

Back