Rocket Display

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
How do you display your fleet? Stick them in a corner? On a plant shelf? Suspend them from the ceiling with fishing line? In a modified gun cabinet or curio? Any other methods not mentioned here? I am referring to any size but particularly MPR or larger would be interesting. Pictures surely are desired! I am about to complete a semi-scratch MPR build that is 4 x 58 inches with a 12 inch fin span. What am I supposed to do with it when it is done??? I am not sure SWMBO wants to see it standing on the living room floor next to the TV!

I am not sure SWMBO wants to see it standing on the living room floor next to the TV!

You got that right! Let's face it, if it were not for the wives, we'd all have rocket displays in the living room. My fleet currently is "on display" in a dark corner of the storage area in my basement. With 3 kids I just don't have the luxury of extra space for a rocket room. The rockets see the light of day a few times a year when we can get out to a launch. In my (much) younger days, I had them suspended from the ceiling with fishing line. Sometimes the line would come loose though so that did not last too long.

Glenn

I got a 4x8 sheet of pegboard, cut it into two 4-foot squares, put a square frame made of 1x1 strips on the back with each strip spaced between two rows of holes, drilled four holes in one strip on each panel parallel to the face, then hung each panel on the wall with four monkey-hooks (sometimes marketed as Hercules hooks). Then I just added a bunch of pegboard hangers, and laid my rockets horizontally across the hangers. Works great and is portable.

I'll try to get a picture or two this evening and post them here.

I use the "Easy Rider Rocket Rack" method go to Home Depot and get adjustable shelving brackets and unistrut and mount them on your living room wall.

Dave

How do you display your fleet? Stick them in a corner? On a plant shelf? Suspend them from the ceiling with fishing line? In a modified gun cabinet or curio? Any other methods not mentioned here? I am referring to any size but particularly MPR or larger would be interesting. Pictures surely are desired! I am about to complete a semi-scratch MPR build that is 4 x 58 inches with a 12 inch fin span. What am I supposed to do with it when it is done??? I am not sure SWMBO wants to see it standing on the living room floor next to the TV!

Here is where I keep mine in between launches.
It needs to rest up if it's going to have a successful L2 flight !!

cone.jpg

Last edited:
As promised, here's a picture of one of the two pegboard panels I hang my rockets on.

IM000220a.jpg

Actually I have a rocket sitting on top of my TV. as a matter of fact we have Mod-rocs in just about every room of the house except the Kitchen (better 2/3rd put her foot down) and the bathroom...but I'm working on a Polaris for that one...

I really don't display my models... rather have Storage for them. ie built a shelf in the stepwell for Larger models. have a 10x10 shed out back for the majority. It's what ya sometimes have to do:)

Completed model-a_in house 9 pic pg_06-28-04.jpg

Rocket Shed-e_4 pic Trip around MR Shed_03-20-04.jpg

Last edited:
Now this is a fun thread! I love the pegboard idea. Makes sense.

Micro, since you do seem to have 4 or 5 example rockets for every thread on the forum, I had a feeling that's what your house would look like! Any time my family comments that I have too many rockets (I have *maybe* 20), I'm going to show them this thread!

Well, heres just ONE of my 'glider walls'.....and you cant even see half the gliders just in this single shot! :y::eyepop::eek:

Not to mention, this is actually my main *bedroom wall*, so figure roughly 4x of this to cover most of the gliders sitting/laying/whatevered around here...

Just added that yardstick so you can see these aint the 'small ones' even though some larger than these are stored in the *kitchen*.

SUNP0014.jpg

Last edited:
My fleet isn't that big, but it is growing. Putting finishing touches on one as I type. None have ventured out of my work area and I don't anticipate them doing so. For no good reason except I like having them around me (they are excellent listeners and don't get weirded out when I talk to myself) as I work.

Rocket display 1 post.jpg

Rocket display 2 post.jpg

Rocket display 3 post.jpg

Back