rocket costume: "anything for the name of science!"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Well, I must say today was very... errr... interesting.

My school decided to have "super hero" day, so everyone got to dress up as their favorite super heroes. Because my Rocketry Club only has 3 members (the guys on my TARC team and I make up the Rocketry Club, pretty sad eh?), we thought it would be beneficial if we could come up with some sort of publicity stunt. Thus, my TARC team came up with what we thought was the best idea, to dress up as "rocket boys."

Here's one picture of us:
(left) Matthew/me, (middle) Marvin, (right) Robby

Yes, those are Soffes we are wearing. For those who don't know what Soffes are, they're really short pants that girls like to wear when exercising or just relaxing... We were going to wear Speedos, like Superman, but we wanted to keep it PG-13 (PG would be with regular pants).

The vinyl on the sweatshirts were made by us :D

A view of our rocket (hehe, with a fuse), and the RB logo we also made using vinyl. RB = Rocket Boys.

Oh, did I mention chicks seem to dig these outfits? We got to take pictures with two different chicks!

DEVO LIVES!!

:p :p :p :p

More power to you guys. Takes some serious "stones" to walk around in a high school like that...

/salute

AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA
AHHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHA

OMG I CANNT STOP LAUGHING

you guys are my heros.

Okay...you remember that thread where you asked advice on asking a girl out? I think I might have spotted something for you to work on... :eek:

Originally posted by KarlD
DEVO LIVES!!

:p :p :p :p

More power to you guys. Takes some serious "stones" to walk around in a high school like that...

/salute

I was thinking the same thing!!!

Great job, guys!

Loopy

it will be interesting to get a report on how many people try to light those fuses . .

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Oh, did I mention chicks seem to dig these outfits?

I'm finding it incredibly hard to believe they were able to hold themselves back. ;)

I think that might have been good for a few extra credit points in my class when we celebrated Isaac Newton Day.

Jim, couldn't you use some fellows like that for advertising? They could tweak those rockets with a Fliskits logo and just imagine all of the attention they would draw to your tent. :)

You guys are brilliant, not to mention gutsy!
You look like a cross between Ghostbusters and Devo.
Thanks for the pic; it's a classic!

Originally posted by Pippen
I'm finding it incredibly hard to believe they were able to hold themselves back. ;)

I think that might have been good for a few extra credit points in my class when we celebrated Isaac Newton Day.

Jim, couldn't you use some fellows like that for advertising? They could tweak those rockets with a Fliskits logo and just imagine all of the attention they would draw to your tent. :)

Paint 'em up blue and yellow, stand there with their legs spread and their hands on their hips and they'd look like Deuce's! LOL

Originally posted by jflis
Paint 'em up blue and yellow, stand there with their legs spread and their hands on their hips and they'd look like Deuce's! LOL

I was thinking more like paint giant A.C.M.E. logos across the rockets, and make 'em a little crooked...

WW

If the girls are pretty they might be able to look like a TRES...

"whistles innocently…"

Originally posted by powderburner
it will be interesting to get a report on how many people try to light those fuses . .

Light those fuses with flame throwers..no pun intented...:D

Originally posted by powderburner

In your best "Blues Brothers / Men in Black" monotone tell anyone who tries to "light" those fuses...

"I'm Sorry, but those are not fuses"

Originally posted by DynaSoar
You got to LAUNCH it.
LAUNCH it good!

More like:

When a cluster comes around
You must whip it
It will never leave the ground
Unless you whip it
No cluster launch today
Until you whip it.

Clip it.
Clip it good!

---
Of course, before we launch, we should always do "The Safety Dance"... :rolleyes:

WW

Were these pictures taken before or after your troubles for finding a date for the homecoming (whatever that is)? :p

hahahhahaha great pics :D

Originally posted by Neil
Were these pictures taken before or after your troubles for finding a date for the homecoming (whatever that is)? :p

hahahhahaha great pics :D

After, of course :).

Pretty much, homecoming is an annual event at most schools where the day is dedicated to school spirit, a football game (sometimes other sports as well, but football is always the main attraction), and a dance the next day.

omg thats to much, where did you get that idea? I give you lots of credit for doing it. thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!:D

Originally posted by rocketsonly
After, of course :).

Pretty much, homecoming is an annual event at most schools where the day is dedicated to school spirit, a football game (sometimes other sports as well, but football is always the main attraction), and a dance the next day.

What's a school spirit?

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
What's a school spirit?
Vodka, Brandy, Gin ... basically anything they can pinch from their parent's drinks cabinet! ;) lol :D

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
What's a school spirit?

School spirit is pretty much like patriotism to America. It's usually when everyone dress up in school colors for the day.

Originally posted by cydermaster
Vodka, Brandy, Gin ... basically anything they can pinch from their parent's drinks cabinet! ;) lol :D

Hey! That's not always true.

Deuce's Wild OMG This to much :D

Back