Rocket combinations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttabor

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting into designing my own rockets and I was just wondering how many different rocket design combinations are there?

If you are into LPR, the possibilities are almost endless. Helps to have a creative imagination and not be afraid to step out of the box though. I'm a designer also. You can get some MPR involved with that too.

I am thinking about getting into designing my own rockets and I was just wondering how many different rocket design combinations are there?
Just sticking with 3-8 common types of aft fins crossed with all the most common nose variants gets you a few thousand distinct types not counting guidance choice, motor, paint, decals, materials, recovery, etc.

A single circle is the simplest design of which I am aware. I saw a four stager last weekend. There's pictures around here somewhere of a flying tapeworm, a tiki bar, a guitar.

Infinity. There are infinity designs, because eventually we'll fly one of everything.

Back