Rocket Birthday Cake 🎂

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. I like it.

A few years ago we made a rocket-themed birthday cake for our grandson. I built a flyable Mosquito and we mounted it on the cake using a bamboo skewer glued to a JT-5C. The skewer was then covered in frosting to look like the exhaust plume from the rocket.

After removing a bit of frosting from the Mosquito we got a chance to fly it.....I think it got four flights before it went the way of most Mosquitos and disappeared.

Cool. I like it.

A few years ago we made a rocket-themed birthday cake for our grandson. I built a flyable Mosquito and we mounted it on the cake using a bamboo skewer glued to a JT-5C. The skewer was then covered in frosting to look like the exhaust plume from the rocket.

After removing a bit of frosting from the Mosquito we got a chance to fly it.....I think it got four flights before it went the way of most Mosquitos and disappeared.

Your grandson must have loved that birthday :)

Both very cool and very thoughtful of your wife's friend. Guessing that your wife had input as well...
Happy Birthday.

Happy (belated) Birthday from one Scorpio to another. I have a few more years on you, so if my wife made me a cake like that and I lit the candles, it would have been bad.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday!! Last year the spouse of one of our members made a cake to commemorate the 50th anniversary of man's first steps on the Moon. It was an extremely hot summer then and the frosting had some issues holding up but the thought was great.

Happy birthday.

I didn't get a cake for mine last month, but we had some of the clearest (for spotting) weather for rocket launching I've seen in a while. I flew everything I wanted, and then some, and was able to see all of the flights.

My "built but unflown" pile is getting small, and I need to get some more complicated stuff in the air.

Back