Rock Lake 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dipstick

Reaction score
Hi all, hope your winter is treating you ok and your build plans are on track!

This is another year where scheduling Rock Lake is an either/or option, and we're looking for your preferences before we commit to a date.

Option 1: June 26-28
Option 2: July 3-5.

July 1st is on the Wed. this year, so neither weekend claims a rightful "long weekend." We have favored the June dates over the last years and I know that some families would be able to attend with school out of the way if we did July. The drawback is more time for the grass to dry out, and some people are off on summer holidays already.

If you are a regular or occasional Rock Lake attendee, please let us know via this poll:
https://doodle.com/poll/y9uktaryvavwxard

Please note, I should be the only one who will see your signup. If it matters to you, simply reply to me via a PM instead.

Cheers,

Would love to attend, unfortunately I am already committed to the FAI CanAm event the end of June, the North Coast Cup at the end of July and NARAM the first of August. Returning to fly in Alberta is on my bucket list but not in 2020. Please keep me posted.

Well, the date chosen was June 26-28, starting to look less likely with current restrictions on number of people... hopefully they budge a bit on that for outdoors events...

Well, the date chosen was June 26-28, starting to look less likely with current restrictions on number of people... hopefully they budge a bit on that for outdoors events...
Fingers crossed for a high power launch at some point this year 🤞

Rock Lake 22 is still scheduled at this moment. It will be held under the Covid rules established by the Alberta government. Currently that means no more than 50 people at one event. We are determining the best way to allow as many registered fliers as possible, and will be updating the website with the pre-registration details in about two weeks. If the outdoor gathering rules change in the meantime, we will allow as many as we can. Stay tuned!

www.lethbridgerocketry.com

Well folks, I had a chat with the fire marshal today and they've had a recent 3.5" of rain (more than many past years). The grass is nice and green right now and he feels confident that we'll be ok this year. A lot can dry out in a month with no rain, but here's hoping for some more showers to keep things happy until Rock Lake.

If you're watching the website you'll notice it's slowly being built. I'm looking into a registration system using the website and trying to determine if I have the time and ability to get it to work in a reasonable amount of time. If not, we'll use an alternate method.

Pre-registration details will be announced....www.lethbridgerocketry.com

Hi all! Hope this finds you doing well.

The Lethbridge Rocketry Association is pleased to announce that Rock Lake 22 is going ahead under the current Alberta provincial COVID restrictions

As we are only allowed to have 50 people on site, you must register online in advance, no registrations will be taken onsite. We will open the website registration on Thursday, June 11, at noon (mountain time).
Here is the registration link: Registration

We are also asking people to sign up for duty roster shifts. The link is here: Duty Roster
Note that this is simply a listing of preference, I will have to create a final schedule from the data.

Please keep in mind the following points:

-While we will provide some hand and surface sanitizer, you are responsible for bringing your own sanitizer and masks as you feel necessary. Analyze your own comfort level at this outdoor event and it is your decision to make use of these accordingly and with respect to the comfort level of others. We do encourage common sense social distancing and will follow the CAR/ACF guidelines.

-While we realize that rocketry is a great spectator sport, we would encourage those considering registration to only register for attendance if you are flying rockets this year in order to allow for as many fliers as possible.

-If you miss out on registration, contact me directly. There may be some spots open on specific days where we could add a flier or two.

Well, the update from the provincial government today allows us up to 100 people onsite! This gets us a lot closer to a normal Rock Lake when it comes to registered flier numbers.

Registration will open as planned on Thursday at noon. If you have any trouble with the process let me know and I'll help you out.

Registration is slowly filling up. I'm curious if there are any regular attendees who will not be coming this year?

Don't forget to register in advance!

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year 😢.
Hope you all have a great time and good weather 👍😊.

We'll miss you Ken! So will Earthrise :)

Hi folks, just thought I'd update you. Right now we have 40 people on the master list for attendance, thanks for pre-registering! I know there are a couple regulars who have not signed up. If you are planning on coming, please do pre-register here: Registration

If any of you were thinking about taking family members or inviting people, we do have room for a quite a few yet, again, please have them pre-register as a non-flier.

I was promised the fire permit late today, so should be no issue there.

Finally, the range duties roster has filled up nicely, but there are blanks. Please let me know if you can fill any of these spots yet. Contact me

Attachments

• Duty Roster.JPG
    Duty Roster.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 6
Dave, I'd love some details & context to go with the pictures!

I will get some on the LRA website sometime this summer, and of course there will be a Rock Lake article in the next Earthrise 🙂

I LOVE the model of the Syreen Penetrator from Star Control! Such a classic game from my youth...
syreen_technical_readout.jpg

It was terrific event. I met lots of terrific folks and saw my first HPR and MPR launches. Put up some scale stuff and launched my first LPR two stage :)

Back