ROCI's 11 June launch at the AMA in Muncie

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madison Alum

Reaction score
ROCI will be conducting it's next launch at the AMA in Muncie on June 11 from 10AM until 5PM. Lee Berry of Merlyn Missiles will be present as vendor. Should have hot dogs available for purchase around noon. Next launch will be in August, so fly now while you can easily find your rockets out in the fields.

Thanks barstoolmike

Last weekend Mike for MAC flew this same rocket on a K360 to 2811'
I can do a J449 (7 to 1) at 2900' or J380 (6 to 1) to 2300'
but J or K is ok on motor limit? as long as under 3000'?

I've been looking forward to coming to Muncie and ROCI!

Nick Adams
Greencastle, IN

6000' sounds a lot better, it's been a few years since I've flown w/ ROCI at that field. So if the weather is good I should be there, thanks.

Mike

Agreed, even better, I'll bring more rockets!

Can you post a link to the field location?

Last edited:
1515 rail is available? If so I'll bring my Magnum and fly on a K535. If not no big deal

Pretty re we have one 1515 rail. Don't recall seeing it set up, but have seen it in our trailer.

Thanks ROCI - great facility and a lot of cool flights, will post some of the few pics once I can edit.
Hope to see you in Sept

Hi Nick,
Glad you could make it out to our launch. Sorry the wind was a bit more than promised, but no way to control that. Our launches for the rest of the year are August 14 and October 15/16. By then the beans will have grown in and recovering the rockets will be a bit more challenging. No September launch this year due to scheduling conflicts with AMA, who allow us the use of their field.

Back