Roc Sim question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weekends

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are able to print out full scale templates (ie. fins and motor mounts) from Roc Sim. I know that BMS will make the parts for you using a Roc Sim file, but I was wondering if you could just print a template out yourself. Or do I need a seperate CAD program?

Thanks
Weekends

The full version of RocSim will print out custom templates, at least version 6 and above, which is what I have experience with.

RockSim Version 7 will prin out full size templates for fins! What do you need a full size printout of a motor mount for; are you refering to centering rings? RockSim will print out full size templates for centering rings, Bulkheads, nose cones and transitions.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

I had that same question...

Bruce: First, THANK YOU for the .RKT for my 6x upscale Mosquito. (You were right - not much room for the laundry!) I'd like to print out the fin pattern, but I'm using the trial version. Is printing disabled?

And here I am thinkin Dave was going to answer my question . . .;)

Did I disappoint you? GET IN LINE. You're not the first. :p

(And no, I probably won't have it done before NSL unless I build it overnight while I'm there. But, then again, I'm gonna be there all weekend...)

Weekends: +1000 style points for the Spike avatar!

Originally posted by DaveCombs

(And no, I probably won't have it done before NSL unless I build it overnight while I'm there. But, then again, I'm gonna be there all weekend...)

LMBO!!! I'm embarrased to say I'm in the same boat. I can't stand disappointing myself and others . . .

P.S. I found this . . . but am not at home to try it out.

Fin Printing

Under the File menu select print then click the Rocket Information option. Next click the Construction Templates option and click the box in the field next to the templates you want to print.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Back