Road runner rocket motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you can order them directly from Road Runner...

I think the want you to pruchast them from a dealer at your site but if you don't have a vendor your up the creek... We have 2 vendors at our launches now but neither sell the Road Runner. I have tried a few and they are GREAT motors.

I think Sirus Rocketry might sell them??? Not sure though....

They are not taking anymore on site vendors. I want to buy G80s and they do not sell them to individuals.

Did you email them?

It is hard to imagine that they would not provide some way to buy the motors you want.

They are not taking anymore on site vendors. I want to buy G80s and they do not sell them to individuals.

Where are you located?

Bob limits vendors a bit, to avoid one vendor cannibalizing another's sales.

-Kevin

Well, Texas is nice this time of year - you could drop by the DFW area and pick 'em up, directly? :D

OK, OK... so, we're spoiled down here!

RoadRunner motors perform very well.

Vendors?

Shoot I don't know. Motors and motor vendors are plentiful here in Texas. There is almost always a motor vendor at most any launch.

We Texans are spoiled.

I believe it's a matter of HAZMAT shipping and the hassles thereof. Talk with Cary Huff at HuffPerformance and get him to order, if he's not already a dealer - he's fairly close to you.

Chuck

I can understand that Roadrunner may want to protect their distributor network, but IIRC Roadrunner used to have the local distributors listed on their website. It seems odd that the "local" vendors aren't currently listed. Did you e-mail Roadrunner to find out who is "local" Georgia distributor?

If there's no local vendor, I'd sure like to know why Roadrunner won't sell F60 and G80 motors to a customer directly?

Bob

I did email roadrunner and hey suggested Rocketry Zone. They were the only local dealer, but they are now out of business.

I believe Ken has them. If not, I know he has the more powerful new AT G80T's.

I was not able to obtain any Roadrunner motors until I went to NARAM-48 and purchased them on-site. I bought some more at NARAM-49. I drove to both these NARAMs so I was able to transport the motors in my car.

I bought a few E25 Roadrunner motors at NARAM-51 for my collection. I would not have bought them had not a friend of mine drove to NARAM-51 and offered to transport the motors for me.

Even so, my friend lives in Tucson, AZ and I'm in San Diego, CA. At some point I'm going to make a trip to Tucson and pick up my motors.

It would have been nice if Roadrunner had a dealer in SoCal. I don't know of another business which appears to actively discourage the distribution/availability of their product. :( :confused:

I contacted RR and they have provided me with with a solution. Thanks.

Back