Roachwerks Nike Hercules

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser

Reaction score
Don't know if I'm allowed to do this but if not, please delete.

There is a 1/14 scale kit on ebay for sale. It's not mine and I don't know the person selling it. I'm also not in the bidding. I want the larger one.

Anyway, just thought I'd let my forum friends know. They are rare to find.

-Bob

16 hours left and the bidding is over a C note.
The TLP plan pack is for a four motor cluster, second stage optional.
Cheaper and easier to reduce all the templates for that and build a downscale.
Laters.

There was a time when I was looking for the 1/10th scale one because everything else I build is at 1/10th scale. Now I'm not sure that 1/10th scale is big enough for composite motors, air starts and dual deploy. I've been eye-ballin the TLP plan pack on eBay but it's my "someday" rocket. A Nike Ajax must come first :)

-Bob

BTW, I'm sure those kits sold for over $100 when they were new.

The Roachworks kit was like $160 new so anything under 200 would be a steal on that kit,. Has a high quality chute and the custom balsa parts are fantastic. Fun to build and fly. I know the guy that bought the last kit produced and it is setting on his shelf beside the Little Joe kit #22 with the signed box. Enough to make any old fart rocketeer shed a tear!

"Nah, like everything when they go OOP suddenly everyone wants one and the price goes up."

I would like an Interceptor E but you would think they are golden or something...

Anyway, for people want to clone a Roachwerks Hercules there is a long thread that has the drawing of the 1/12th scale version. Same thing for the Nike Ajax.

-Bob

"Nah, like everything when they go OOP suddenly everyone wants one and the price goes up."

I would like an Interceptor E but you would think they are golden or something...

Anyway, for people want to clone a Roachwerks Hercules there is a long thread that has the drawing of the 1/12th scale version. Same thing for the Nike Ajax.

-Bob
You must be referencing TLP and not Roachworks. You can't clone Roachworks, it has a custom nose and tail cone along with a custom balsa booster stage transition. A TLP selling for just over $100 makes sense as it was like $75 new. You can clone TLP as they use off the shelf parts.

I have it. I had 125.00 worth of e-bay gift cards... I paid 8.10 out of pocket. The Roachworks Herc is a work of art
. I think there was a 13,18, and 24 kit. All were over 150.00

I have both the 18mm and 24mm Roachwerks kits, still in the box. I've been thinking of building one of them but I don't think I could do it justice. The turnings are a work of art by themselves.

This is what I was writing about. Maybe clone was not the right word to use. Here are the drawings. I would provide a link to the thread but I don't remember if it's here or over on YORF.

-Bob

Attachments

• Roachworks Nike Hercules Transition.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Roachworks Nike Hercules.pdf
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
... Here are the drawings.
I hope the kit has some more direction regarding fin orientation; fins on that drawing are 45 degrees out wrt the booster tubes.

edit: Yes, I know they are shown that way in order to give proper side views of each item, it's just that that drawing alone could lead someone astray.

Last edited:
Back