Roachwerk's New Kit Development!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is color on the the actual Soyuz closer to red or to orange?

Who knows for sure?

It was during the cold war, things were not very opeen then.

The actual color has been argued in yahoo scaleroc.

Try this one...it doesn't even have any olive drab.

Updated Website with new detail photos of the partly done capsule - the lower support structure - which holds the boosters, and the 4 "boxes" on the butterflies which hold the tip of the booster nosecones when they are attached to the main airframe.

Click on the Soyuz-TM image to be taken to its page...

https://scale-rocketry.tripod.com/id5.htm

The boxes are each made from plastruct, are 7mm X 4mm on a side, and angled to match the transition on the main airframe.

Cheers,

Has anyone else had problems loading Silverleaf's web site? I've tried 3 times and each time it locks up my PC and I have to reboot. I'm not having problems with any other web sites... :(

Originally posted by bsexton
Has anyone else had problems loading Silverleaf's web site? I've tried 3 times and each time it locks up my PC and I have to reboot. I'm not having problems with any other web sites... :(

Works OK for me (Firefox 1.0.4).

I just tried from another PC (both running IE 6) and it worked fine. I wonder if I have some spyware hanging me up on the other machine?

Oh well, nice build Silverleaf!

I'm proud to say the Soyuz TM 12 version of Gordon's kit is done.

Click on the Soyuz-TM image to be taken to its page...

https://scale-rocketry.tripod.com/id5.htm

Thanks Gordon for all the inspiration, and a special thanks to Peter Alway for the Booster Brace detailing in The Art of Scale Model Rocketry.

Cheers,

Silverleaf,

WOW!

Absolutely fantastic!

Did I understand your writeup correctly in that the boosters are held on only by a single machine screw at the base, and by the booster cap at the top, no glue?

And thanks for posting the plans for the booster braces.

Again, great work!

Gus,

Many thanks !

Yes, your correct. I used no glue to attach the boosters, instead the tips are held inside the "butterfly boxes", and the booster base is secured with a single machine screw/nut. It was the only way I could think to attach them without ruining the paint job.

By the way, the booster braces fit inside each other, like the included image below the drawing shows, BUT if thats not clear enough, I can try taking a close up pic, draw a detailed image, or possibly scan the 3d pic from Peter's book..

Cheers and thanks again. 8)

That is nice! so much detail, you do some great work!

are you using an airbrush ? the paintwork appears really intricate

Guys,

Many thanks !

Styme,

Thanks for the kind words. 8)

I use American tradition spray paints, primers and Satin clear Cote, along with Deft Laquer Sanding Sealer.

No airbrushing at all. As to the detail paint, Lowes sells a very good masking tape, I believe its $4.50 a roll, and it leaves a very sharp edge, whilst removal doesn't "catch on the undercoat" - though its not named clean release, its the best masking tape I've ever used.

As to the detail work, well I adore working with with Plastruct, and my magnifying glasses get a good workout.

Thanks guys,

Now I have to come up with something else to keep silverleaf busy!

Let me see....what's next...scale...hmmmm...:rolleyes:

Stupid NASA...hasn't come up with anything good to model lately.

I have a detailed plan of the Pegasus and the X 43A Scramjet drawing on my website. It was created for a TRF member whom contacted me about drawing up a plan for him. The Scramjet adaptor was completely a guesstimate based on current images and movie stills...

https://scale-rocketry.tripod.com/id3.htm

As well, I've recently found a pdf file at a site online that has the official Pegasus markings. Sometime I'll have to scale it and add them to my plan.

Hope that helps,

Gordon,

Lol !

Its ok brother, I've got plenty to do, but if you need a suggestion, theres always the Nike Hercules, the Terrier Sandhawk, and, did I mention the Nike Hercules ?

Cheers my friend,

Originally posted by Silverleaf
...snip...

Its ok brother, I've got plenty to do, but if you need a suggestion, theres always the Nike Hercules, the Terrier Sandhawk, and, did I mention the Nike Hercules ?

Cheers my friend,

Nike Hercules!.......did someone say Nike Hercules?!?

oooohhhh oooohhhh ooooohhhh Mr Carter...Mr Carter...I vote for the Nike Hercules.

:D :D

(Sorry, kinda got carried away there)

The Pegasus was based on a Big Bertha as part of our club's "Bertha Bash" contest.

BTW guys, if anyone wants to build a 1/64th (more ore less) scale Soyuz or Vostok model I have extra parts available for sale.

Escape Tower
Capsule shroud nose cone to fit a BT-60
Interstage transition with laser cut strut assembly (BT-60 to BT-55)
Booster nose cones
Detail castings (lots of parts!)
Detail drawing (drew them myself!)
Plan sets

email me if interested.

I have one complete Soyuz kit left and it's going on Ebay tonight along with the "second to last" (I have one more left) 4" Little Joe II kit.

[email protected]

Back