Roachwerks Mini Kits??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Has anyone besides Doug built any of these kits?

Man, you guys swooped them up in a hurry about a year ago and so far not much in the line of building progress!

I hope these are not collecting dust somewhere waiting to go on Ebay!

Actually...ANY of my kits! LJ II's Saturn 1B's...Am I making just "collectables"?

These are supposed to fly!

Pics would be nice too!

sat1bb.jpg

I've flown the Sat 1B probably 10 times, it's a nice little flyer. The kiddies like it too - my nephew calls it the "USA Rocket." ;)

The grownups like it too. It does have a very realistic look, the idea of the wraps to simulate the intertank sections works fine.

Plus, it was a snap to build. Takes maybe 1 1/2 hours tops.

I'll get the MM kits put together one of these days - it's kinda on my B-list of things to do right now. But they look like they ought to be fun. :D

Originally posted by sandman
J,

These kits were before you arrived here.

Yeah,

Before I arrived too. :( So, got any left? ;)

EDIT: Space Plane in particular. I was planning to make a 13mm one anyway to go along with my 1967 original.

Bob,

Sorry, none are left. I only got permission from Estes to make so many.

I do have a nose cone and for it someplace...gotta look...

The tiny adjustment screws for the elevons were from Walther's (Model RR dept. at your hoby store)

Just copy the plans from JimZ's site and reduce at a factor of 71% on a copy machine.

Originally posted by sandman
Bob,

Sorry, none are left. I only got permission from Estes to make so many.

I do have a nose cone and for it someplace...gotta look...

The tiny adjustment screws for the elevons were from Walther's (Model RR dept. at your hoby store)

Just copy the plans from JimZ's site and reduce at a factor of 71% on a copy machine.

I was planning to do that anyway but thought if a kit was available, it would be the lazy way out.

I don't need Jim Z's plans, I still have mine from when I built my original.

I don't throw anything away....maybe I lose stuff.... but I don't voluntarily get rid of anything (drives my wife crazy). :D

Well, I have the Mini Constellation and Sprint built, but I've been waiting for decent weather to paint them (and about 100 other rockets and one VW Jetta). I've had a bad painting season as summer was especially humid, and the rain from the hurricane season has been a beast this year. Finally got a break this weekend and started to make a small cut into the pile of nekkid rockets.

I might buy one of the Micro sets when i can come up with sme money... Those look like some nice little kits.

I might buy one of the Micro sets

No you don't understand...there are none left...you guys bought them all up.

I was just wondering if anyone has built any of them.

And Radiator...I miss my Jetta.:(

I had to put her to sleep after 485,000 miles...actually more than that, the odometer quit working more than a year earlier!

...and I have too many projects in progress or not started. I did finish the Mini Astron Ranger and I am almost finished with the Mini Constellation. The Space Plane and Bomarc are still sitting in the box. Hopefully this winter...

COOL, Bruce!

Just like the box art!...only smaller:D

Remember! 3 x A10's is about like a B30+!

She's gonna RIP off the pad!:D

But still only a "B" or "B" and a 1/2 so final altitude should be too high to find.

Back