Roachwerks Custom Turnings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
If it's round I'll make it.

Mainly nose cones, transitions and tailcones.

No job too small no job too big...OK, maybe there are a few joibs that are way too big.:(

Nose cones up to 40" long and 10" in diameter.

Some larger diameter projects are possible.

Mainly balsa but also in a variety of hardwoods and foam/fiberglass.

Some custom kits available from time to time.

Last edited:
I have pictures of the cedar nosecone Sandman made me for my upscale Skywriter but I can't get the pics to display yet.:(

He does awesome work.

That's an awesome nosecone! Did he finish the cone for you too, or did you do that? Looks heavy.

That's an awesome nosecone! Did he finish the cone for you too, or did you do that? Looks heavy.

Actually cedar is pretty light. At 24 lbs/cu ft cedar is just a bit more than twice as heavy as an equal balsa nose cone.

Balsa is anywhere from 4 to 12 lb/cu ft.

I have purchases kits and bits from Gordon and his stuff is simply top notch period.
Cheers
fred

The cone is Sandman's, the finish is mine. Sanded smooth with 300 grit and then three coats of clear semi-gloss spar urethane.

He does awesome work, that's for sure. He made me a 6" cone for my upscale Deuce that is absolutely gorgeous (balsa with a layer of fiberglass). Reasonably priced too :)

Gordon has done several projects for me and his work is simply top notch!

Sandman_cones1.jpg

Last edited:
Back