RMS reloads - low and slow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottluther1369

Reaction score
What would be the lowest power reload I could use in the 18mm and 24mm Aerotech engines? I want to start flying low and slow. What reload kits should I use for each motor?
Thanks!
--Scott

Both D motors. The 24/40 load may be manufactured, but AFAIK the 18mm loads aren't as of now.

For the RMS 18/20, the lowest certified load is the D13. The RMS 24/40, it is the D9. I love that motor. E11J's are also VERY SWEEEEEEET! Three second burn ;).

Basically, if you're looking for a slower burning motor, go with the blackjack motors - the J designation. These aren't always lower, though, since they tend to be longer burns for lighter rockets. The white lightning loads (W designation) are faster burns, and kinda middle of the road as far as lifting power/altitude. The fastest burns in the hobby casings are the blue thunder (T) loads. Fast burns, lift alot, but tend to produce slightly lower altitudes because of the quick burn.

Loopy

Originally posted by Loopy
Basically, if you're looking for a slower burning motor, go with the blackjack motors - the J designation.

Exactly. They also tend to be more difficult to light. Make sure you have a good ignitor when using Blackjack reloads!

Relating to long burn motors, check out the Ellis Mountain 24mm single use motors. EM's are also semi-notorious for being difficult to light but they are loooong burning :D

HTH,

Back