Rms 38/240-480

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get a RMS 38/240-480 system. Im looking for both a good price and quality. This is my first HP system and want to make sure I get a good one.

Dan

Doesn't really matter where you get them - they are all the same. Aerotech and Dr. Rocket casings are made from the same plans, just marketed by different companies. Dr. Rocket tend to run cheaper, and some of the best prices I've seen are at Magnum and Great Lakes Hobbies. Sometimes you can find them on ROL auctions, but I'd rather have new casings that I know the full history of, personally.

Loopy

Dbarrm,
Loopy is right. The aerotech and Dr. Rocket are the same thing. I have the Aerotech 38/240-480 set, the Dr. Rocket38/ 720 motor and the Dr. Rocket 29/ 180-240 set in millinium Blue(real pretty)

Actually the Dr. Rocket casings are usually cheaper, and they are ingraved with the casing number where as the Aerotech cases have a sticker with the casing info, which over time fades, or can come off. Both are good quality. Just my .02
Larry

I ended up ordering the last set from Great Lakes Hobbies. And the best part is I got it at Dr. Rockets old price. Seems he has put a 15% markup on all his products.

Dan

Oh boy, he's hooked:D

I guess rocketry is never the same once one finally gets to see the big toys.:D

Good luck Dan, I hope you are able to get your L1 this month.:)

Well you will be there to see me shine or Crash and Burn. All will go well, or Ill cry like a little girl on the ground kicking and screaming.

:D

Dan

Originally posted by Dbarrm
Well you will be there to see me shine or Crash and Burn. All will go well, or Ill cry like a little girl on the ground kicking and screaming.

:D

Dan

You'll do fine. My first RMS motor *ever* was for my L1 cert. We had a bad storm approaching so the tension for me to get out to the pads was high. I was nervous as HECK! Have fun with the RMS casings. If only we could get some relief from the regs we'd all be set!

Latest posts

Back