Quantcast

RMR Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Mister Moderators...

Do we have any rules, formal or informal about cross-postiong from RMR? Oddly enough there are about four really good threads there today. One in particular is a CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) study on launch lug placement and drag using an Estes Alpha as the test subject.

A

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
Man... do we even have a policy on cross-posting guys? My gut feeling on this is to just post away. I don't visit RMR so I don't see anything over there.

Information is information in my opinion. My only suggestion is that you be cordial enough to give credit where credit is due. If you didn't post the orginal thread in RMR and you cross post it here then try to give credit to the original poster on RMR.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Originally posted by Milo
Man... do we even have a policy on cross-posting guys? My gut feeling on this is to just post away. I don't visit RMR so I don't see anything over there.

Information is information in my opinion. My only suggestion is that you be cordial enough to give credit where credit is due. If you didn't post the orginal thread in RMR and you cross post it here then try to give credit to the original poster on RMR.
May I suggest that, in the absence of a policy, the above be taken as such? With the additional suggestion "And invite them here."

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Barring any formal rules, that's what I've been doing. I leave a note asking the original author to cross post on RF and join the discussion. Although I tend to forget the referral link. If I hear nothing in 24 hours, I leave a note on RMR that I'd like to cross post, and if I hear nothing, or get permission, I cross post with the appropriate cite.

A