RIP Tina Turner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. It seems like a lot of cultural icons passing away these days. Is that true, or is it just that I’m getting old enough for MY cultural icons to start dropping off?

So long, Tina Turner. You put on a great show.

fox news...

"The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll's death was announced Wednesday on Instagram. Turner died Tuesday, after a long illness in her home in Küsnacht, Switzerland, near Zurich, according to her manager. She became a Swiss citizen a decade ago."

Yes. RIP Tina... so many loved your music. Yet seem to find hate elsewhere.

And in self pity... all I could think when I read of her passing? "Why didn't my Kim get 13 more years?"
You can see my shame.

at 83, I wonder if she died of "natural causes"?

Natural causes? A death by natural causes occurs solely due to internal factors (such as a disease) rather than external factors (such as a traumatic physical injury). She had been ill from kidney failure and had a stroke. That, to me, is natural causes.

Just watching a biography on her on TV. What a great recovery from a difficult life.

That is true, She had a very tough and physically and emotionally traumatic life especially during her marriage. She has never let it get her down.

That is true, She had a very tough and physically and emotionally traumatic life especially during her marriage. She has never let it get her down.
What did really get her down was the journalists constantly asking about Ike and her. She wrote the book with the idea it would all be in there and she wouldn't be asked the same things over and over. Unfortunately it worked the opposite.

regarding ike, unsure if he was tryin' to pull off an amalgam of roger mcguinn of the birds and jimi, or just prince valiant on acid, but dude was funny lookin.' guess he had to try extra hard to be noticed. frankly, if he had set himself on fire every show he still would'a been an after thought, distant second seat.

What did really get her down was the journalists constantly asking about Ike and her. She wrote the book with the idea it would all be in there and she wouldn't be asked the same things over and over. Unfortunately it worked the opposite.
Journalists are frequently intrusive and rude, like the drama critic from the Washington Post who infamously asked, "Besides THAT Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Back