RIP, the BRAND NEW onyx

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1dermon

Reaction score
oh boy. i had huge plans for this rocket. but unfortunately, i shot it on a G80 in about 20mph winds and she floated just beyond the tree line. no recovery. that was her second flight. her first was on an F50. THAT motor is impressive. VERY impressive.

One of my personal Laws Of Rocketry is if I loose one I have to replace it with an upscale. :)

Oh man that's rough. For some reason whenever a rocket drifts into a "no man's land" forest I end up screaming and cursing at it as if the rocket did it to itself or had a choice in where it was going to land.

Is there any way you can salvage the cone? Is the forest or treeline dense where is drifted?

i cant even find it. i said to people at the launch if they find it and return it to me i'll give em a free G80-10T. thats when doug offered me a trade. a G80 for his onyx...i took it, but nothing can replace the feeling of building your own rocket. you know? this onyx just wont be the same.

Sorry to hear about it. Maybe you will yet get lucky and someone will find it.

I lost my PE 3" Ultra Fatboy for 2 years in the trees. The results are on my web site. Short version...plastic cone and tailcone, centering rings, nylon shock strap, and the chute survived.

god i hope so....hopefully if it did land in the street or just beyond my search area, someone finds it and gets into rocketry. that would be a lose/win situation...if i had to lose a rocket, thats how i would want it lost. i probably should've put my phone# on it. lol.

For some reason whenever a rocket drifts into a "no man's land" forest I end up screaming and cursing at it

So....does that ever help?

I never tried it myself..if it helps I will.:rolleyes:

Back