RIP Taylor Hawkins, Drummer for the Foo Fighters, 50

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just learned that Taylor Hawkins passed away at the age of 50. Cause of death has not been determined at this time.

The Foo Fighters were one of the first bands I downloaded when I got my 1st iPod...

Rest In Peace Taylor!

Just learned that Taylor Hawkins passed away at the age of 50. Cause of death has not been determined at this time.

The Foo Fighters were one of the first bands I downloaded when I got my 1st iPod...

Rest In Peace Taylor!

Foo Fighters and TenD , There is a great combo

Tragic. Condolences to the rest of the Foos, family, friends and fans.

Fly High Taylor Hawkins!!

When I saw that last night, I hoped it was a terrible joke. So sad that it is true.

I actually don't own any Foo Fighters records, but really enjoy all the live performances I've seen. The band seems to have real heart and Taylor was a huge part of that. I can't imagine what the family and band are going through now, as Dave and Taylor seemed more like brothers than band mates.

I'm getting tired of people dying. . .

Sandy.

Typically it seems musicians die in one of two ways... drugs/alcohol abuse or suicide. They found 10(!) drug-related substances in his blood. To be sure, its possible SOME of them were medically prescribed, but wow.

Typically it seems musicians die in one of two ways... drugs/alcohol abuse or suicide. They found 10(!) drug-related substances in his blood. To be sure, its possible SOME of them were medically prescribed, but wow.
It's a miracle Ozzy and Keith Richards are still with us. I think some of what he had was prescribed, it was just a bad combo of what he had plus what he picked up in Colombia which is known for cocaine. I hope his family and the band are doing ok. I really wanted to see them live but they never seemed to come near me. Taylor Hawkins did an amazing rendition of Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll and he always did Somebody to Love by Queen. He had a very similar vocal range as Freddy Mercury. Sunday Rain off the Concrete and Gold album is amazing with Taylor on vocals.

Back