RIP RBG

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely agreed with her but I always respected her. It has always amazed me that a group of really intelligent people could look at a set of facts and come up with two completely different conclusions both of which can be eloquently supported.
I dread the political fireworks that are bound to result from her passing, her legacy deserves better.

I rarely agreed with her but I always respected her. It has always amazed me that a group of really intelligent people could look at a set of facts and come up with two completely different conclusions both of which can be eloquently supported.
I dread the political fireworks that are bound to result from her passing, her legacy deserves better.

Concur. She and the Scalias were best friends. It should be a testamate that we can all get along.

I was watching a piece on tv. Apparently she and Scalia had been friends for decades. She was truly a force in the legal field. I just hope that reaction to this doesn't lead to more of the anarchism that has plagued some areas of the country.

As a resident of Portland, Oregon, I suspect your comment about anarchism plaguing areas of the country is intended to include my home town. You should know that there is no plague of anarchism here, and your information is probably coming from people who find it politically convenient to invent such things.

As a resident of Portland, Oregon, I suspect your comment about anarchism plaguing areas of the country is intended to include my home town. You should know that there is no plague of anarchism here, and your information is probably coming from people who find it politically convenient to invent such things.

Yeah right.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed. I rarely agree with her, but hope she rests in peace.
After experiencing everything that’s happened since 2016, I find that there’s far more that I agreed with Ruth Bader Ginsburg on, than not. She was a monumental presence to legal theory and to women’s rights even before coming to the court.

I had hoped to find a respite from the divisive politics inside of rocketry and TRF because of the necessity for respecting science and reality but apparently not. I’m hoping for a better 2021.

If you don’t know much about her I recommend this https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07CT8KKRZ/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r movie.

I would also have to recommend reading two books on her. Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty, and Law is an excellent read. I also enjoyed: My Own Words. I think the way to be more civil with others is to read and understand. It is hard to vilify someone you understand. She is truly a great of our time.

What does RBG have to do with this Hobby ? Why would this be posted here ? Is someone trying to get into a political fight here on a hobby blog ? Politics needs to be left out of this blog and our hobby IMO.
The Watering Hole is for general discussion of things not related to rocketry, or that don't fit into any other sub-forum. Saying RIP to a famous person who died does not have to degenerate into politics.

Eloquently said..

After experiencing everything that’s happened since 2016, I find that there’s far more that I agreed with Ruth Bader Ginsburg on, than not. She was a monumental presence to legal theory and to women’s rights even before coming to the court.

I had hoped to find a respite from the divisive politics inside of rocketry and TRF because of the necessity for respecting science and reality but apparently not. I’m hoping for a better 2021.

Eloquently said..

I liked her. It doesn’t matter whether I agreed with her or not. She and Antonin Scalia showed us all how to be friends.

Wonderful..

If you don’t know much about her I recommend this https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07CT8KKRZ/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r movie.

I saw a biography on her..
One of the most amazing people in history..
She will be sorely missed..

R.I.P.
Prayers for her to be at peace
and condolence for those that loved her..

Teddy

What does RBG have to do with this Hobby ? Why would this be posted here ? Is someone trying to get into a political fight here on a hobby blog ? Politics needs to be left out of this blog and our hobby IMO.

At the top of each thread is an option to ignore that thread. If you see a thread you don't like, your best option is to ignore it so out of sight, out of mind.

Plus, this is a moderated forum. So if folks get out of hand individual posts can be pulled, posters can be given a timeout, or entire threads can be locked or deleted. As a result of the very good moderation we have here, it stays pretty civil the vast majority of the time. A great example are the Coronavirus threads. Clearly a hot topic but folks have done a good job of keeping it reasonable.

Tony

Back