RIP Neil Peart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy HyperSonic, it’s all good. I’m sure Neal could play Working Man blindfolded with one hand tied behind his back. But Rutsey played on the record and played it live a bunch of times before Neal took over his seat. Mr. Peart certainly has his own legacy of outstanding work. Some of us just found it amusing that you called out one that wasn’t his.
When George Harrison died, i remember TV and radio playing a bunch of songs sung by Lennon and McCartney. And then when Gig Young died, news articles kept showing pictured of Angus.

When George Harrison died, i remember TV and radio playing a bunch of songs sung by Lennon and McCartney. ...
Accompanied by George on guitar I presume ? ;) Again, all good, no worries, yada yada ... I don't like being THAT guy (well maybe a little). Neil Peart wrote the lyrics to a lot of great Rush songs. Working Man wasn't one of them. If you hear the record, as opposed to a live cut, on the radio your hearing John Rutsey bang the drums. RIP to both.

Sirius is doing all Rush music on the Deep Tracks channel, which I believe is 27. I had a 2 hour trip today and enjoyed some nice deep track which made the time fly by...
And today I heard one of the DJs say that tomorrow was the last day of the all Rush music. :(

They played some interviews I hadn't heard and other stuff, it was nice while it lasted.

And today I heard one of the DJs say that tomorrow was the last day of the all Rush music. :(

They played some interviews I hadn't heard and other stuff, it was nice while it lasted.
This morning they're still playing Rush, so the other DJ was wrong or maybe they extended it?

The new claim I heard right before getting to my office is that they'll keep playing Rush through the weekend and Monday morning get back to their regular Deep Tracks programming. And then they played By-Tor and the Snow Dog but I only got to listen to a few minutes of it - now I'll be off until I hear the whole thing.

Back