RIP Ned Beatty, 83

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got word that Ned Beatty of Deliverance fame, passed away at the age of 83.

IMDB shows that he appeared in over 160 films and TV shows.

Rest In Peace Ned.

Met him briefly when I was delivering grip and electric equipment to the set of "Homicide: Life on the Street," which filmed entirely in Baltimore. He was not in a good mood, so that was my first and only impression. Guy worked like a madman, though.

Just got word that Ned Beatty of Deliverance fame, passed away at the age of 83.

IMDB shows that he appeared in over 160 films and TV shows.

Rest In Peace Ned.

Too bad the guy is best known for that one scene in Deliverance. He had a much broader resume.

I was in the stadium crowd during the shoots for Rudy. We weren't anywhere close to Ned Beatty or other actors, so no interactions with them except for watching how a movie was made. Fun fact, it was a very cold day and there weren't enough people to fill the stands. They filled one section and had everyone move when they shot from other angles.My family are near the front row. I have never found our faces, but through the magic of movies they're probably there 4 or 5 times.

You have meddled in the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale...

One of the all time great movie monologs.

While "Deliverance" is probably Ned Beatty's best known movie appearance, I really enjoyed him as "Sheriff J.C. Connors" in the Burt Reynolds film, "White Lightning" ( 1973 ).

Dave F.

NED BEATTY - WHITE LIGHTNING - CONNORS - 2.jpg

NED BEATTY - SHERIFF JC CONNORS - 1.jpg

Back