RIP Meatloaf

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP, Meat. He's one of my wife's favorites. We've seen him several times over the years, the first time in Cleveland at an outdoor tent venue near what was then Jacobs Field. After the Indians game ended they had fireworks, and everyone turned to watch. Meat shut down the band and watched with us. The last time we saw him was about five years ago at a small local venue. He was in rough shape and, if not for a stellar backing band, the show would have been tragic to watch. We knew it would be the last time we saw him. He could barely move and his voice was just croaks and groans.

Sad indeed, both Bat out of hell, and Bat out of hell 2: Back into Hell are two of my favorite albums.

RIP
I remember watching this and being mighty impressed when they hit the nitro at the end of "All revved up... " (around the 3:20 mark). I think SNL axed the video that used to be here.

There are three songs that, from the moment I first heard them, I knew they’d be stuck in my head for eternity—Rough Boy (ZZ Top), Creep (Radiohead), and Paradise by the Dashboard Light (Meat Loaf).

RIP, Meat.

Two scenes he was'nt in, but where "about him"
And one he was, and boy was he:

Last edited:
He is supposed to have told people what it was when he sang “But I won’t do that.” I always felt that he meant he’d do anything for love, except grovel/degrade himself.

I found out when Weber Grills sent an apology email. Seems their Friday recipe was...Grilled Meat Loaf. They didn't know he had passed when they sent out the original email. I immediately thought of the Rocky Horror Picture Show dinner scene. "That's a tender subject."

RIP, Meat Loaf. You will be missed.

Back