RIP Loretta Lynn

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmmiller

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

Loretta Lynn, coal miner’s daughter turned forthright country queen, dies at 90​

I grew up listening to Loretta. Dad's shop always had the radio on. Most times I could tell when Loretta was singing above most others.
RIP Loretta.

I'm not much of a country music fan, but I like dirt bikes. It's a sad day.

I used to work EMS coverage for a local motocross promoter. When I started working at the tracks, I heard a lot of kids talk about wanting to qualify for Loretta Lynn and was surprised they were talking about the country singer at first. Until then, I had no idea how much she had done for amateur motocross.

She also had family near Wabash, IN which isn't too far from where I live. Even in her later years, she often performed in town. She live a long life and will be missed by many for sure.

I saw that in the news yesterday so today we listened to a bunch of Loretta and other old time country music in celebration of her life. I think it was just me and another old soul that enjoyed it though
Ken

Very sad news for country music. She was way before my time but I still enjoyed her popular songs.

Back