RIP Dave Bucher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Blake Goddard posted this on the NAR Facebook page:

So last night was a very bittersweet night for me. I got together with a group of friends commiserating on the loss of my best friend, Dave Bucher. He passed away yesterday in his sleep. If there was a way to go, we could not ask for better. This man taught, encouraged, loved and lived with a strength few could muster. He lived, worked, and played hard. He was fiercely loyal, not only to his friends, but on his convictions as well. A master carpenter, an expert model maker, and a luthier extraordinaire, I will miss your class, learning from your techniques, and your sound opinions in rocketry. Have a good rest my friend and know that we who are left will miss you and will think about you. Your knowledge has been passed onto others.
We will be setting up a Go Fund Me page for his wife to help with expenses. We will also be holding a launch in his honor next June at his wife's request.
He was very active on here and loved showing his work and helping others move forward in this craft.

:(:(:(

Yikes! Jonah and I shared an Easy-up next to Dave at NARAM this year. Great guy. He's give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Willing to help any way that he could and he probably forgot more about rocketry than I'll ever know. So sorry to hear this.

Prayers for his family, friends, and everyone else that he leaves behind.

That's terrible news and condolences go out to his family and friends. I will miss seeing his work.

Dave was at one of the first AeroPac launches I attended in 1993. His rockets were beautiful - I remember he had Toyota pickup with a rack on top and had them strapped to the rack. It looked badass as could be, and he had kind of a surfer dude vibe about him.

Cool cat.

God speed.

I knew nothing of him, but it is obviously a great loss, and I extend my condolences, along with thoughts and prayer for those that did.
Sounds like he was incredibly talented, and the world needs more of folks like him and not less. A talented individual willing to teach others is even harder to find.

wow...so sorry to hear this news...I did not know Dave, but did read many of his NARFB postings...used several of his tips (fin repair w/ epoxy and glass beads especially)...I didn't realize it at the time, but I did see some of his handiwork up close and personal at NARCON 2012 (in Kansas)...there were displays of local modeler's rockets and this Big Bertha caught my eye...first the cool name graphic, then the fact that "some guy" had tagged it :D ... found out on FB this was his rocket, and he was surprised (and pleased) I took pics of it... RIP Dave...:sad:

DSC_4519.jpg

DSC_4518.jpg

DSC_4517.jpg

Last edited:
Always sad when a long time rocketeer leaves us. I didn't know him but I was in the room for his very entertaining presentation on the once and future FSI at NARAM58. RIP

I'm sorry to hear of Dave's passing. He always had something interesting to show around in rocketry and music - a true Maker. We'll miss him a lot.

Really sad. I never met him, but interacted with him on FB. Guy was a helluva craftsman.

Please post the go fund em page when you get it started. My condolences.

Ouch seemed like a great guy. Only interaction was discussions about FSI and his effort to bring back some of the rockets / motors. I'm sure he will be missed.

Latest posts

Back