Rings and things ringy...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A while back in more than one thread the discussion came up about the thicker 50/55 centering rings that are actually very thick walled spiral wound tubing (just like that of the EB-20 and EB-50 engine blocks which double as 5/20 and 20/50 centering rings).

FlisKits currently has a .050" thick fiber 50/55 centering ring called the CRF-50-55

Well, we just got our order in for what we will be calling the CRP-50-55 ("P" for Paper).

These are 1/4" thick, spiral wound centering rings. We will be offering these 6 to a pack sometime in the next week or so, so keep watch.

I have attached a picture showing the new rings at the top, just below them I show our current fiber rings of the same size and for scale, I have at the bottom the EB-20 and the EB-50.

cheers :)
jim

Love the ringy thingys Jim! Keep 'em coming!

By the way, my son had a BLAST with your 18mm/13mm five engine cluster mount. We finally flew the rocket he designed and built on his own full up with a D-12, and 4 A10's and he loved it! His whole rocket was inspired and built around that mount, and it allowed me to teach him a few things about clustering! Check out Jim's multi-motor mounts, those thingys are great!

Dave

dog-gone ...I needed those exact thick rings just 2 days ago!

I'll have to get some with my next order!

Originally posted by jflis
Well, we just got our order in for what we will be calling the CRP-50-55 ("P" for Paper).

These are 1/4" thick, spiral wound centering rings. We will be offering these 6 to a pack sometime in the next week or so, so keep watch.

Jim,

Are you planning to bring any parts to sell at NARAM?

Bill

Yes, we will be bringing a *limited* collection of parts to sell... Mostly engine mount kits, some rings and some body tubes (trying to select parts that would be common amoung the types of competition going on.)

jim

That was most likely me talking about those rings - I prefer them greatly over the fiber ones.

However, I got 50 of them in my totally tubular order a while back, so I should be set for a while.... ;)

I agree with you, Forecheck. IMO, when there's less than a quarter inch between the MMT tube and the body tube, a thick, spiral wound ring like these should be used, since in my experience, a fiber ring would bend quite easily.

Jason

Back