RIM-2 Terrier Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrier

Reaction score
Well after almost 6 mos in the design and months in the building, it has a shape. Lots of searching for BT's and trying techniques that would provide for a scale rocket, I think that I have found it.
Booster 29mm "G" and the Sustainer 24mm "E". Don't have any flight specs, don't have a sim to do it on, but I want to shoot for 1500'. The upper stage will be airstarted by Perfectflite's minitimer3, located in the payload section. Have to have a NC made for it yet. Lower stage 2.60" dia. and the upper stage is 2.14", make this come out to 1:6.3.

I'd like to thank Sandman for turning this custom staging coupler. It is right to scale and fits like a glove. The 8 indents are a simulation of the exhaust ports for second stage ignition.

I thought that I would try a ejection baffle. Three ply sections, two with multiple holes and one, the center, a large hole about the same size as the motor. Great anchor for the shock cord. The only thing that I need to change is the shock cord. I need to replace with a sheethed Kevlar cord to prevent burning. All surfaces coated with aircraft grade poly resin to protect it from burning.

Terrier,

Do you have any pics of the rest of the rocket?

I'd like to see the whole thing.

Man, I don't even remember when I did that one.:confused:

Only the first picture on the first post. I still have to get a noce made. After that, then the rocket will be complete in parts. Still have to get it weighed and balanced. I have a long way to go before the first flight this winter or spring. As soon as I get the cone done then I'll post a full pic.

Back