Right Or Left Handed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your favorite high power recovery parachute

• Anchor Parachutes

• Giant Leap TAC

• Rocketman

• Rocket Rage

• SkyAngle

• Spherachutes

• Top Flight

• Forget parachutes I use a shovel!

• Anchor Parachutes

• Giant Leap TAC

• Rocketman

• Rocket Rage

• SkyAngle

• Spherachutes

• Top Flight

• Forget parachutes I use a shovel!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I put left, but I am actually ambidextrous. It is kind of wierd.

I put right, even though I carn't realy right at the minute with a broken finger :rolleyes:

Karl

Mark me down for "ambidextrous". Oh wait, that wasn't a choice :rolleyes:

I usually write with my right hand but can kick a soccer or football better with my left. I can write with my left hand & kick with my right foot (no, not at the same time, silly :p ) just not as well, that's all.

I'm a righty though I can KINDA (emphasis bigtime) write with my left. I kick/hit with my right side.

I am not alone!

In my family, I'm a leftie, so is my mom, my dad is right handed.

Majority rules in my family!

I heard that lefties can read well upside down for some reason. I can read almost as well upside down!

I am abidextrous in kicking a soccer ball, using a computer, etc.

One of my left handed teachers told me this joke, I am not sure if part or if (the part about the brain) is right.'

The right side of your brain controls you left side of the body
You left side of the brain controls the right side of your body.
So even though were left handed, were in the right frame of mind.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! thats a knee slapper isn't it.... not!

Put me down for left handed.

Originally posted by GL-P
I heard that lefties can read well upside down for some reason. I can read almost as well upside down!

But doesn't the blood eventually all rush to your head while you are upside down?

I'm a lefty, my 14 y.o. is a righty but my 2 y.o. is looking like he's going to be a lefty. Being a lefty can make it hard at large dinners, alot of elbow bumping.

Originally posted by wwattles
But doesn't the blood eventually all rush to your head while you are upside down?

And is everybody in Awstroya left handed?

Started life as a righty, but I use my left more when playing basketball, especially on defense. It's good for steals and the occasional block. As a 5'10" point guard, I don't get too many of those! :)

Left handed here. Err.. Well, Left hand mainly, right hand is weakly ambidextrous. I pretty much can print with both hands, and my cursive is so bad that I can't tell which is worse, using my left hand or my right. I've noticed that cursive by my right hand looks a bit Da Vinci-ish though. For the most part, I type. 60 wpm forwards, 30 wpm in reverse, 10 words a minute without typos.

Harm none,

ResearchWorm

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrious!

no, wait ...

Right handed here.
Interesting poll. I've heard that lefties tend to be more creative, so I was curious how this poll would turn out, since all of us rocketeers are a pretty creative bunch. :)

Tim

Interesting poll. I've heard that lefties tend to be more creative, so I was curious how this poll would turn out, since all of us rocketeers are a pretty creative bunch.

I am the worst artist ever. I don't get it!

Are you sure? Art comes in many forms: Pictures, Music, Architecture,........ and ROCKETS!!! :D

Tim

The ability to draw depends on the ability to use the spatial part of the brain without interference from the part that recognizes (and pronounces) objects. People who are very poor at drawing can quite often draw well upside down. This makes that part of the brain that recognizes things have to work harder whereas the part that draws doesn't have to, and the drawing part gets the advantage.

Try it.

Another trick my mentor taught me, draw with both hands at the same time. And to practice your brain in spatial stuff, use your non-dominant hand for mousing.

I'm an ambidextrous south paw.
Used to drive my teachers crazy by standing in the middle of the black board, write with the left to center and center to right with the right, and just keep talking while doing it:D
Aahhh This may explain many things......Fish Lefthanded but I shoot both bow and gun right handed..go figure..

I used to think I was left-handed, but it just turned out that I was dyslexic.

Throw, write, eat left.

baseball hit, golf, kick right.

Build rockets - both!

Right-handed, but my left eye is my dominant eye, so I am better at some sports left-handed (archery and batting a baseball, for two examples).

Lefty all the way. I can write upside down and backwards as well, at the same time.

Back