Richter Recker Support

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
Very nice...

I ordered the Wednesday before Thanksgiving 2003, and received one of my 4 kits dropshipped from Fliskits by Monday of the following week (Yesterday). What great turn around. Working in conjunction with Hangar 11 hobby store, and Fliskits, I have become a happy camper.

I placed my 1st order to Hangar 11 a year and a half ago for a Public Enemy kit, the 4" Extreme Performer, and received excellent service then. Well when I needed to find a retailor for Fliskits product, who should I happen upon, but Hangar 11. After a year and a half I placed my second order with Hangar 11, for (2) Deuces Wild, and (2) Richter Reckers, and Bobby at Hangar 11 had all but (1) RR. Well a flurry of emails by myself, Hangar 11 and Jim Flis of Fliskits, had my second RR dropshipped to me, and it is here. A few more emails, and the rest of my order is on it's way via FEDEX...What great communication, and great customer service. If you have not tried either the vender Hangar 11 or this kit manufacturer Fliskits, then I highly reccomend that you do.

Oh and the Richter Recker...I have not seen that much tubing in a kit in a long time. But that will have to be another post, cause you see I can't disect the kit as it is my Son's Christmas. But wait till that other RR gets here, cause that one is mine, and I will pour all over it...In the same shipper box from Fliskits, I got a Midnight Express pattern rocket in the "Tour De Deuce" skin, which I'm not sure if I will construct it, or frame it:D

Great work guys

Johnnie Paul

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
In the same shipper box from Fliskits, I got a Midnight Express pattern rocket in the "Tour De Deuce" skin, which I'm not sure if I will construct it, or frame it:D

ROTFLMAO!

Yup, the RR is a WHOLE LOTTA ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To say it's big is an understatement. AFAIK, when you build it stock and fly it on D12's, it is the LARGEST model rocket (not MPR, which is from 16.01oz to 3.3lbs, I believe)

I love my RR...even though it is REALLY expensive (at least to me) to fly it.....15 bucks a flight for 3xE9-6! I guess I'll hafta get used to that when I start flying my 24mm Tres upscale..........oops....forget I even said that! :rolleyes: :p :cool: :D

Jason

Glad you got the Richter Recker. First time I've ever been involved in an order coming from two different locations. Wanted to make ;sure we didn't mess anything up! :)

After she's built, I have only two words of caution that you should take heed to...

...ceiling fans...

:p

In the same shipper box from Fliskits, I got a Midnight Express pattern rocket in the "Tour De Deuce" skin, which I'm not sure if I will construct it, or frame it:D

I actually built my TDD Midnight Express over the long 4-day weekend. Got bored, I guess. Since my other unbuilt kits are actually Christmas gifts I'm not allowed to touch (yet), I had my son call his friends to bring over their rockets so I could fix them. Once that was done, nothing left but the Midnight Express! I'm actually looking forward to flying the thing. Bet it really accelerates.

Originally posted by jflis
After she's built, I have only two words of caution that you should take heed to...

...ceiling fans...

YES!! BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL OF CEILING FANS!!!! My RR got a nice dent in it's NC before I painted it, which required that I fill it...I guess I was real lucky!

Jason

Originally posted by illini868891
Once that was done, nothing left but the Midnight Express! I'm actually looking forward to flying the thing. Bet it really accelerates.

Oh, you better believe it! An A8-3 is enough to send it out of most LPR launch fields on a windy day... Wave good-bye on a B6-4 (that's how I lost my 2nd one) & I've never been brave enough to stuff a C6 in a Midnight Express :eek: If you were ever looking for an excuse to pick up a pack of 1/2As, the Midnight Express just might be it ;)

The one thing I've always impressed me about the Midnight Express is how sturdy it is when assembled. It's amazing what can be done with cardstock paper!

...CEILING FANS...

Done the ceiling fan thingy, chipped the best PJ I've ever done...

Jetra2, even the guys on the TV set in your pic are surprized at the size of it...;)

Depending on where I shop, I can get E9's anywheres from $9 - $12 a 3 pack and the D12's are $8 - $10 a 3 pack. Waiting for That Hobby Lobby 1/2 off sale to start up again...I believe they are over due.

Another craft store here in Huntsville, AL gives out 40% off coupons every week, and I'll need to use that to purchase the Estes Bulkpaks that I will need for the Deuce and the Tres3.:)

I will have to build the TDD Midnight Express, as there are no ceiling fan dangers, and no paint to chip...

Thanks Jim

Johnnie Paul

Another craft store here in Huntsville, AL gives out 40% off coupons every week, and I'll need to use that to purchase the Estes Bulkpaks that I will need for the Deuce and the Tres3.:)

I used a 60% coupon last weekend at Michael's to purchase an Estes Bulk Pack for only $20 with tax. :cool: Only catch was that it was good only from 6-8 AM on Friday. My wife is still laughing that I, the anti-shopper, got up early on a day off to go to a craft store. One reason I built the Midnight Express was to have something to burn all those A8-3's in!

Originally posted by illini868891
My wife is still laughing that I, the anti-shopper, got up early on a day off to go to a craft store.

If I had seen that coupon, I would have been there waiting at the door too. My wife tolerates my insanity, but I don't think she will ever 'get' it.

My wife grabbed the 60% last Friday, but I bet she didn't get me a Bulkpak for Christmas with it:mad:

Johnnie Paul

illini868891,
May I suggest an Estes K27 Honest John for the A8-3. It flies really well on that motor. Thrustaero has a kit or it can be cloned. I really like the scale aspect of it and it looks good finished. Mine eats all my A8-3s.

Great idea! My brother had an Honest John many, many years ago. Always a favorite. Great flier!

I seem to be an infectuous person. I just got an email from our club president who saw all the Fliskit emails I have been spreading around through our club listserve, and he placed an order today for a Tres and a Nomad straight from the Fliskits website. Which spread to yet another flier who is eyeballing 3 kits of his own...Flis fever.:D :D :D

Johnnie Paul

My first experience with the Midnight Express was a result of boredom, and being impatient. I hadn't launched for a few months, and had a bottle of chalk line powder that I wanted to try for tracking powder. So, I downloaded the M.E., built it, loaded it with a C6-7, powder, wadding, and a 12" plastic Estes chute, and launched it out of my back yard knowing darned well I'd never see it again. I pushed the button, and it vaporized off of the pad!! I was scanning the sky trying to spot it, when I saw the cloud of powder form. The last I saw of it, through binoculars, it was headed south for the winter. I figure it drifted a pretty good way, as it appeared to have caught a thermal, and been rising. It was hard to tell through the bino's.

I would also like to say how much I appreciate Hangar 11. Bob was extremely helpful in getting my level 3 project off the ground. (pun intended:rolleyes:) My first plan was to use the Hypertek M1010HyEFX. The launch that had the hybrid support was canceled. He was able to get an AMW M1850GG for me with less than a weeks notice. When I didn't get my level 3, he was once again able to find another motor. Keep in mind, that AMW was closed that entire month, so he called around to many vendors to get the motor. He even gave me a discount on the reload and hardware rental the second time around.

All this from a guy that has a full time job on top of running Hangar 11. Please support him any way you can.

Well there was a mix-up in addresses of my shipment from Hangar 11, and when I notified Bobby at Hangar 11, he quickly rectified the situation. A phone call, and he cleared the misunderstanding, and he emailed me the Tracking # which verified this AM, that my shipment is out for delivery today...YEAH!!

Another HARA member placed an order with Fliskits, due to my infectuous personality...well, not really, he could just recognize a quality kit when he sees it. I just pointed him in the right direction.

...and I could not stand it any longer, you see both of the local members here ordered Nomads...ssooo, after staring at it long and hard this morning, I ordered a Nomad as well. I see a drag race of nomads in the future:D

Johnnie Paul

well, i've seen drag races with Rhinos, others with Deuce's...

...Nomads would be awesome. I should look into planning a Drag-A-Thon and see how many different kit specific drag races I can arrange at one launch! that would be a hoot! :)

kit specific?...Drag-A-Thon?...ah the competitive spirit, always did like a good drag race myself. But you are right, a Nomad Drag would be very cool.

Johnnie Paul

Back