richter rechter mods???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketdad0934

Reaction score
I was wondering has anyone done any modifications to ther richter rechter? IE booster or upgraded the motor mounts some how?? it looks like it needs something:cool: :D :kill:

Mine was self-modding. I lost the upper half in the tall grass at the last launch, so for yuks I just replaced it all with a nosecone. Now I have what my daugter refers to as a "rick reck" aka the mini recker. It's about 3 feet tall, and sims out at 2240 feet on E9's (800 on C11s!).

I've often thought of CHAD staging this beast.....

*smack*

"what was THAT for? I didn't tell him to CHAD stage it!"

"yes I did!"

"No I didn't!"

"did too!"

"uh uh"

(see what I have to deal with??? :D :D :D )

Consider adding rail buttons if your club has a rail. That's a very tall rocket that can easily flop around on the pad on a windy day if you have up there on the stock lugs. I used 3 rail buttons--one at the aft end, one about halfway up the booster tube, & a third one at the bottom of the payload airframe.

With a big, open field, consider putting a trio of E9s instead of D12s... Hold 'em in there with some masking tape & let 'er rip! :D :D

HTH,

I did modify mine to use a single 24mm RMS motor. I also made the engine tubes to accept the E engines. I can still use the Ds by using the spacer in front of the engines.
Larry

well that is interesting, Jim just starts mumbling to him self and otherwise not a lot has been done :confused: here I sit wondering to myself gee if I was to build a booster???? how high would it go? how do I attach the booster? since the motor mounts are in a position as to prevent the typical attachment? can I put the booster on the outside of the body tube? with three d12-0 would its wieght require a recovery system? or would it survive the tumble? well I think the only way to truly know is to build and see?:D

This is one of those "should I????" threads when it comes to replies.....

Mr. Flis is like Royalty 'round here. Suggesting that he (or anyone else) should improve on an existing model is paramount to telling The Pope, "You know, You should pray more often....."

*Ok, I'm removing my tongue from my cheek now.....*

Yea, well I *feel* pretty "royal" from time to time... LOL

As for staging, I'm not sure I would consider a physical "stage" addition. Multistaging cluster to cluster is problematic at best. CHAD staging, however, eliminates those problems.

Another idea that I know has been done out there is to make the provided engine mount assembly *removable* so that a 29mm could be slipped in, in its place, to allow for single motor use.

I know of someone else who is glassing the entire rocket, but I don't know what motor configuration he is considering.

Now, how about an *upscale*?? Say, 38mm cluster? I have someone doing a 180% upscale which would put her at 165.6" or 13.8' tall... ...wow...

I'd like to strengthen one to be able to stand up to the power of three E30-7T motors.:D

Mine however is built stock and I ain't even gonna try it as I think it would fold up like an accordian. That is about the equivlency of a G90, 120 n/s.

okay thank you jim I didn't think about the problems with the cluster stage until you said it. well maybe I'll chad stage it just for fun? :D not that the rocket needs anything but why be normal? it can be real boreing sometimes. :D . I like the upscale idea but without the proper cirt in my pocket well I better just leave that alone and return to the table with a different idea tomarrow (whipped but not beeten):D

Back