Rich's 4" Loc V2 build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't forgotten about this build, but with Sodblaster and the recovery thereafter, plus working 63hrs per week, build time has been far and few between except for little quick projects (Estes Swift...).

Today is the first real work I have been able to do on the V2 in the last few weeks.

It is coming along nicely. Very cool!

Primer yesterday! Its pretty much complete at this point just a few little things to finish. I could also get a few more pics of the completed AvBay with the battery and Misseworks screw switch in place.View attachment 368674
Cool! What was the colour scheme for White Sands Round #43 exactly? (*Hangs head in shame at lack of rocketry scholarship on that particular detail..*)

I haven't forgotten about this build, but with Sodblaster and the recovery thereafter, plus working 63hrs per week, build time has been far and few between except for little quick projects (Estes Swift...).

Today is the first real work I have been able to do on the V2 in the last few weeks.

View of donut bay from top.

View attachment 363680

You might need to reopen that center hole on the top of your bulkhead. When we were doing testing of a 8" rocket with a 4" mmt, the unvented bulkhead with the motor in place built up suction. Once we opened the hole in the center, the upper part of the AV bay tended to come off much soother. Just a thought...

I believe I have already opened the hole back up for the very reason you mention, I just need to double check to be sure.

Back