RF Approved: Cherokee-G Limited Run Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Blinkies" slip into the "Thingamjig" to hold the "Whatchamacallit" in place on the "Whatzit" . . .

I hope that was helpful . . . LOL !

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics, once these are all complete and flying !

Dave F.

To many of our families and friends, much of our terminology probably come out sounding just like that.

Mine arrived over the weekend and everything looks great. This kit and instructions are well done. Adding to my list of projects. I am used to winging most builds, but I may have to be patient (and read the instructions) in this one.

I finished my actual Cherokee-G kit, not the prototype. Had a chance to do a maiden launch it at WVSOAR @ Rio Grande Ohio.

29mm MMT
Avionics: PerfectFlight MAWD v1.21, CNC aluminum ejection cups. Apogee & Main 500 ft events.
Drogue Streamer 4x40 (stock)
Main Chute : 42 inch (stock)
Dry Weight: 1538
Motor: AeroTech G125NT with 10 SEC motor delay, as backup to apogee event. Keeping it low on purpose. Sims estimated 656 ft alt.
WX Conditions: 87 deg F, winds 6-10 mph

It was a solid first flight, recorded altitude 582ft. Cocked into the wind due to a little wind burst on launch.

Recovery was approximately 250 ft downwind from launch location. Main chute is not in the recover pic, chute was in the upper left out of the image.

Last edited:
All Cherokee-G kits are now shipped!

We'd like to thank everyone for participating, comments, feedback and great ideas. Seriously this has been so much fun for us, we hope you enjoy building and flying your Cherokee-G as much as we did!

So much so, look for us to announce the next RF exclusive limited run kit #2 interest thread shortly.

Proposed Kit #2 is, well, its... big and a little different. We thought about doing ~2.5x upscale, then it became a 3x upscale, then we realized we still had room in the shipping box.

Kit #2 is a 4x upscale of a very unique and RARE classic kit that will be ~78 inches (1981mm) in length and it is not a simple 3FNC either! Matter of fact we're cranking this one up to eleven! That is 11 (eleven) TTW 6mm aircraft birch plywood fins. It even uses fin-lock construction on at least 9 of them. Includes 4inch (98mm) & 3inch (75mm) body tubes, a 54mm MMT, 54mm CNC motor retainer and will also come with a 38mm motor adapter. Some of the prototype parts and multi-sheet hybrid decals have already arrived, others are in transit. We need 25 kit builder commitments on the interest to make the run a go, and run will be limited to 30 kits.

While it would be fun to do a BHSP upscale, and I will investigate doing an upscale of it, it's not that. Plus we'd be forever fixing it after each flight, sometimes multiple repairs just carrying to the pad.

Star Stryker is good guess, but not enough fins, so not Kit #2. It would also be a fun one to do.. need to look into the clear tubing.

We do have a general question for Kit #2. Since Kit #2 has a 54mm MMT (23 inches in length) with a 38mm adapter, should we also include a 38mm CNC motor retainer, which would add about $30 to the cost?

The challenge with making it an option is two fold.

First is the pricing... we have to get at least 25 to save anything on them. The MMT and CR we did for 38mm for Cherokee-G, only cost $10 since we ordered so much of everything.

Second, we have to track who gets what.. and verify it’s included or not.

We’re already over the magic weight (4lbs 15oz) for shipping. USPS estimates it’s going to be ~$35 USA or $130 ROW. Give or take some once we get final shipping weight, as long as we don’t get hit with dimensional box size weight charges, which we should be good with right now.

Maybe we make the whole 38mm adapter with CNC motor retainer an option? Thinking out loud here...

Last edited:
interested...guessing Orbital transporter.....
but the ttw fins have me a little confused....

I think people will buy a quality kit if you have a decent price point

Back