RF Approved: Cherokee-G Limited Run Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am already thinking about the next time around. I would like to build a 3 stage Cherokee-GX. Kind of like the Farside-X tradition.

So this happened today...

BTW, I removed some of the protective wall materials to get the pics. They were not shipped this way, packing was great! Still waiting on more shipments to arrive.

Thank you Dave & Jason @ LOC on rushing this out before LDRS!

Don't you just love the smell of laser cut baltic birch in the morning??

Last edited:
So this happened today...

BTW, I removed some of the protective wall materials to get the pics. They were not shipped this way, packing was great! Still waiting on more shipments to arrive.

Thank you Dave & Jason @ LOC on rushing this out before LDRS!

Don't you just love the smell of laser cut baltic birch in the morning??

AWESOMENESS!!!

Received word that decals are shipping today.

Upgrading swivels to #9 because the #6 are just a little to small for the larger quick links.

Updated post #2, and work continues on the assembly recommendations... at 14 pages and counting.

Last edited:
I saw the prototype and met nabooengineer on Saturday at the WVSOAR launch.

Very nice looking rocket and a very nice guy. It was a pleasure meeting you.

I'm excited to get mine.

CHEROKEE-G Files are now being released and are currently located here.
Cherokee-G RockSim9 .RKT files for 29mm & 38mm v008
Cherokee-G 38mm Fin Trim Template v008.pdf (Print at 100%)

The Cherokee-G Assembly Recommendations document is still a work in progress. Might try to trim it down some, its currently 21 pages, now that I made the font just a little larger to be easier to read.

Cherokee-G Kit#1 is now officially sold out! Thanks everyone for participating, and we can't wait to see them finished and flying.

We are planning to do a run of an exotic/futuristic x3 upscaled MPR/HPR of a rare kit from 1980/81 with 11 (eleven) "fins" &.. almost gave away to much detail, spoiling the surprise. It will be a Fin-lock TTW 38mm MMT with a 29mm adapter kit. That way every kit is the same, and much easier to kit, even with a more complete kit.

Hopefully faster turn around.

4 kits shipped today. 3 still on WX hold.

If anything gets damaged in shipping, please contact me via PM or directly, so we can get that resolved ASAP.

Now to continue working on the upscale Kit #2 prototype. Its shaping up to be quite exciting re-imagination of a rare old kit... and it will have a 38mm MMT, with a 29mm adapter. .. hmm do we do a 3x or 4x upscale... leaning to 4x, which makes it a 101mm (4 in) diameter and 2006.6mm (79 in) length... and so many TTW fins.

Last edited:
Don't get too excited . . . I contacted USPS and changed the Delivery Address to my house.

LOL !

Dave F.
I will Find You.jpg

Back