Revoking HPR Certs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure how much detail to go into, but on a different rocketry chat group I'm in, someone asked some questions about doing a flight in a potentially unsafe way. Multiple people told them not to do it, but they apparently went ahead and did it anyways, causing a rocket to lawn dart. This happened on the other side of the country from me, so I was only tangentially involved.

Needless to say I was quite frustrated, and I think that I ended up posting this thread mostly to vent.
Im pretty sure you have give a lot more detail if you want to get someone’s “certification revoked”

My best advice is to not get involved in this and don't fight other people's battles. You weren't there to witness the event, so any evidence you have is essentially hearsay. I assume this was a high power flight, making it likely it took place at an organized launch. Let the local club officers deal with the situation.

Spot on ! . . . Don't make yourself the self-appointed hall monitor. Let club officials handle any situations and don't go running to snitch everyone out . . . You would not like what happens, if you are discovered. Back in the 90's, we had a similar situation, which was solved by spreading "misinformation", when the informant caused club officials to mention a specific, fictitious situation, the tattletail was outed. That person soon, voluntarily, left the club,.

Last edited:
Hi
Spot on ! . . . Don't make yourself the self-appointed hall monitor. Let club officials handle any situations and don't go running to snitch everyone out . . . You would not like what happens, if you are discovered. Back in the 90's, we had a similar situation, which was solved by spreading "misinformation", when the informant caused club officials to mention a specific, fictitious situation, the tattletail was outed. That person soon, voluntarily, left the club,.

The easiest route is to stand by and not say or do anything for sure. It’s just not the correct route when it’s a safety issue.

Someone ran a "red dye" test on a hobby club?

LOL. OP: You don't want to get involved with hobby club drama. Just mind your own.

I'm not quite sure how much detail to go into, but on a different rocketry chat group I'm in, someone asked some questions about doing a flight in a potentially unsafe way. Multiple people told them not to do it, but they apparently went ahead and did it anyways, causing a rocket to lawn dart. This happened on the other side of the country from me, so I was only tangentially involved.

Needless to say I was quite frustrated, and I think that I ended up posting this thread mostly to vent.

Venting can be good but you're needlessly expelling energy. IMHO If I wasn't there, in person to see the fault in context I don't worry about it. Why? Because I wasn't there. What you are suggesting here is some folks on the internet posted some things that may or may not have happened. You're getting your info 2nd hand basically.

The easiest route is to stand by and not say or do anything for sure. It’s just not the correct route when it’s a safety issue.

What's even easier is to not wring your hands over 3rd hand information with very few details - on the internet.

Venting can be good but you're needlessly expelling energy. IMHO If I wasn't there, in person to see the fault in context I don't worry about it. Why? Because I wasn't there. What you are suggesting here is some folks on the internet posted some things that may or may not have happened. You're getting your info 2nd hand basically.

What's even easier is to not wring your hands over 3rd hand information with very few details - on the internet.

Was there something i said that makes you think i was talking about third hand information? Thought i stated that it was easier to standby and do nothing that to speak up in reference to safety issues specifically in response to someone talking about issues inside their own club.

Something that may or may not have happened, across the country, that someone talked about on the internet, kind of, is not grounds to spend another moments thought on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back