Retroactive - scratch built park flyer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budro0

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to show off my newest build. I probably should have done a build thread, but I'm super lazy...

Anyway, this is my scratch built 29mm rocket based on some designs I've seen here. I wanted to build something I could eventually fly on a baby H, but still fly local parks on an F or G. I also wanted to practice some build techniques. Most importantly, fiberglass, but also some creative shapes with foam. I started with low power/thin wall supplies and built up - fiberglass, TTW fins, foamed fin can, and lots of epoxy.

So now the stats:
95cm tip to tail
BT-70 airframe
Apogee BT-70 nosecone
29mm MMT
Aeropack retainer
775g without a motor
3x 1/8" plywood fins
3D printed tailcone (with foam for custom shape)
Started with fiberglassing tip to tip and tailcone, then decided to do the whole thing
Custom mixed paint - "white" silver and electric blue
Custom stencils for the logo

Anyway, without further ado, this is "Retroactive." Soon to be flown on a G74.

Edit: Added my OR file for those interested.

IMG_20201109_214725.jpg

Attachments

• Retroactive.ork
    281.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Nice. I particularly like the fins. Haven't seen that shape used before.

Finally got to fly the new bird (and some others). Video is the best of what my camerawoman could get.

No altimeter, but simmed altitudes are:
G74- 350m
F67- 210m
E12- 180m

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Got another flight on the new bird. The old man's field is a little tight, so we kept it on the F67. This one was a little wonky with a cam taped to the side. I was expected it to wobble a bit, but maybe I just need to figure out a shroud or better placement for the cam.

Back