Retiring from rocketry.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_ullman

Reaction score
Well, I hate to say it but im "retiring" from rocketry for a while. In 2 weeks I will fly a green O4500 and I can then say I have flown micromaxx-O and everything in between. Most people said I moved to fast. I have been in rocketry for 5 years. I don't plan to get out 100% but there are other things (and people) taking priority in my life. I am selling off some of my things and consolidating. I plan to attend launches still and keep up around the forums here and there.

My dad said he wants to keep his stuff till I am 18 and see where things go. I am ready for a break and a to open a new chapter in life. There are some family issues that need resolving and I am going to college in 14 months so this will help ease things.

This is always be the best hooby IMO and I will never forget the great people that were involved in this hobby. Thank you to everyone that supported me and even the people that beat me down and told me to slow down. Its all good!!

Thank you,

Ben Ullman
cert lvl. 0 ;)

Time off from a hobby is sometimes a necessary thing, and sometimes a good thing. If you enjoyed it now, its likely some years down the road you'll be fortunate enough to be able to enjoy it again. Best of luck in this next phase of your life.

Ben

Sad to see you take a break, however from your message it sounds like there is more than meets the eye.

All the best for a happy New Year

Dave Chance -> Black 6 is now go!

Al

Sorry to hear that life is so complicated, Ben! We'll always look forward to seeing you two at a launch...
Best wishes,
Will

Well that explains it.
I wake up, everything is frozen solid and there all these guys with horns and pitchforks walking around in a daze.

Seriously, I hope everything works out for the best.
I'll do a search for early Ben launch photos.
Tim

It was nice having you around to pick on!

Sorry to see ya go. We'll miss you on the field, at least I won't be out chasing your rockets for awhile.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

I'll have to find some one else to bet on. I used to make a lot of money in the....."Will Ben blow it up or will this one fly"pools.

I'm bet'n you will be back sooner than later.

Sorry to see ya go. We'll miss you on the field, at least I won't be out chasing your rockets for awhile.

I'll have to find some one else to bet on. I used to make a lot of money in the....."Will Ben blow it up or will this one fly"pools.

you won't get off that easy. Ill just let you and David Chance fly my motors ;)

Ill try and participate as much as I can. Im just ready for something new. plus it will a nice "new start" when I get my L1-3 :D

Ben

Check back with him in 3-4 months. This is just a spur of the moment whim. Besides, now he has to tell me how is is doing this forum when he is supposed to be in school! :eyepop:

...Dad

Well Ben,

You get your learning done, then you step back up to the plate and fly with people who have flown Micromax - "R". Then you can brag son!

Good luck with college, get it out of the way, and then join the REAL world :)

Jonathan

Well you can always be born again ;) I am willing to bet more than half of us are that you know.

A girlfriend and a truck, your in trouble now :y: Do good in school, rockets will wait for ya :cool:

Yeah right. No one ever completely retires from rocketry. Once a rocketeer, always a rocketeer. :)

Blackjack: I'm just curious - which way did you put your money?

Ben: I don't know if you can "retire" from anything when you're 17! ;)

Anyways, you'll be back. In the ten years or so I've been into rocketry I've dropped out and picked it back up a couple times...

S

Well, I hate to say it but im "retiring" from rocketry for a while. In 2 weeks I will fly a green O4500 and I can then say I have flown micromaxx-O and everything in between. Most people said I moved to fast. I have been in rocketry for 5 years. I don't plan to get out 100% but there are other things (and people) taking priority in my life. I am selling off some of my things and consolidating. I plan to attend launches still and keep up around the forums here and there.

My dad said he wants to keep his stuff till I am 18 and see where things go. I am ready for a break and a to open a new chapter in life. There are some family issues that need resolving and I am going to college in 14 months so this will help ease things.

This is always be the best hooby IMO and I will never forget the great people that were involved in this hobby. Thank you to everyone that supported me and even the people that beat me down and told me to slow down. Its all good!!

Thank you,

Ben Ullman
cert lvl. 0 ;)

I quit the hobby several times myself.

What usually happened is I got into it even more, in the next evolution.....

I expect we'll see you around......

Last edited:
Ben,
I can understand taking a break and doing something different. I flew rockets with my son for about 6 years, then when he got his driver's license, we started building race cars instead. Now, he's 23, we've completed 2 cars and I just started flying again last month.
It's good to catch up with old friends.

I'm relatively new to the board, but can tell you I've taken several "breaks" from rocketry only to find the next time, I'm more into it.

My Gawd Ben!... Look ahead!...What's gonna happen 20 years from now when you go BAR after retiring from all this childish "O" motor hobby rocketry stuff? :y:;):)

Luck to all your endeavours,
Scott

That's almost funny. Don't we all quit everytime our rocket either lands or CATO's until the next time? Schooling from experience on the range will certainly help you in college, whatever you're studying. Odds are, looking backwards, you'll achieve higher aspirations by always moving forwards.

There are certainly other things to do besides rocketry when you are a teenager -- been there, done that. We'll see you around I'm sure!

Back