Retirement Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy a bulk pack of Alpha III's from Estes, you can build a dozen rockets in about an hour. Even faster if you use CA rather than white glue.

I think I still have the leftovers of a bulkpack of "Green Eggs"... 3 or 4 of them left. I could probably build all of them in a single evening. And that at least is a fun rocket because it's D powered and has TTW fins.... thinking that can be modded to 29mm pretty easily, cardstock the fins for strength, and turn that into a rocket that I won't easily get back.

Today, my wife, @cw's wife , asked me if I had ordered something.

My new motor tubing was delivered.

D4C90C57-57F1-403E-A424-C7B4ED85E23F_4_5005_c.jpeg

I might be in the dog house.

man-in-the-doghouse-D1804F.jpg

I want to see the Nuclear Sledgehammer fly! Come up and we can mix M or N motors for it. I have all the parts for Aerotech hardware :)
I also want to see the Bullet Bobby fly.
Your printed nose cones hold up fine with 18 mm min diameter F66 and F23 motors. Can make more if you want to try them. Building a G12 rocket with Telemini for them. The F23s are 12" long with up to 10 sec delay or longer if needed so you need to allow for the length in your rocket. (F66s are 8" long.)
Me too! It will be great to see it fly instead of sitting on the workbench partially finished and waiting to be sanded.

Back