Rest well, for the Nike Deuce is protecting you....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
OK, although I have not finished painting and decaling, I HAD to launch the Nike Deuce today. Everything below the transition is a stock Fliskits Deuce. Above is a TA60-50, BT 60 and BNC 50K with Nike inspired fins. The launch was GREAT: Straight, true, and HIGH, despite the forward fins. Here are some pics:

Just change the name of TRF to Deuce-a-holics Anonymous :)

Looks great, perfect kit mod. You should submit a review to EMRR.

that is SO awesome!

I feel like a proud *grand*parent, seeing the spawn of my Deuce's Wild! cropping up all over the place! LOL

There might as well be a "Dueces Wild" section of TRF. It seems to be so popular. I still haven't got around to getting me a dueces wild yet but I eventually will. :)

Sweet Convert...dang, yer gonna make me spend more money with Jim again!

Carl

like that would be a bad thing... ;)

Wow! Outstanding! That thing is TOO cool!

I certainly wonder how many variations of the Deuce will crop up. I think I said it best back when I first got the kit, "The Deuces Wild is certainly a blank canvas!" Truthfully, despite its kit form, it leaves a lot to the imagination of the builder.

Great job Astronboy!

now THAT would be an exciting event at a future TRF gathering... see how many different Deuce inspired scratchbuilts we can get in one day of launching!

It really is inspiring and thrills me no end. Not just because of the kit sales (though, as Martha would say, it's a good thing :D )

Rather, because I haven't seen this kind of excitement over a kit since the Mars Lander or Interceptor kit and I doubt even *those* kits match what we've seen with the Deuce's Wild!

Sure, more of those were sold (so far... LOL), but never (in my long history in the hobby) have I seen one kit inspire so much imagination in so short a time as this beast.

it warms my heart, beleive me!

a "Blank Canvas"...

...I like that :eek: :eek:

Let me see, what could be next???

The official poetry book - "Awe to the Deuce" or maybe the ever popular
"The Flis that didn't miss." Settle down in your favorite chair and enjoy these master piece works while being surrounded by all 28 versions of the Deuce!!:D

I know, put me out of my misery. :kill: :kill:

It could happen.:p

Jim:
This could be the start of a new competition event, Deuces Weirded kitbash:) could be cool....
OBTW did you ever launch that Micor Deuce of yours?

Astronboy: very nicely done..I really like this one.

How about I give you a hand :). I have a trick that I use to ignite small nozzle black powder motors and Micro Maxx motors. I fill the nozzles with 4FG, then cap it with Magnelite. Then after the magnelite dries, and the motors are installed, used any igniter of your choice (coated with magnelite) to start the motors. Works EVERY TIME :D. Give me the word, and I'll pre-prime some motors for you, and i'll even throw in some enhanced Estes igniters to get em started (regular Estes igniters are not hot enough).

Here it is, paint and decals are applied:

Paint is Wal Mart El-Cheapo brand gloss white and El-Cheapo gloss green.

Pseudo Upper stage 'supports' are made from "Unofficial Astron Rocket Stripes" (Pinstriping vinyl tape). Decals are extras from my Tango papa Nike Ajax set.

If anyone is interested, I can put together a PDF instruction sheet of this conversion with part #s, measurements and fin patterns....

anyone.... Bueller...?

The Deuce is on the Loose!!

Astronboy:

I've got one Duece built stock and another kit unbuilt. I've been thinking about what how to customize the second one and your mod is just the thing for my collection. I like to do psuedo-military styled rockets. If you can post any details I, for one, will put them to use. I'm especially interested in those good looking decals. I can print them myself if you can provide a file.

I am finalizing the conversion instructions/parts list, etc. I will post them as soon as I can

that is SO cool! I just love it!!! I feel safer already with this creation protecting us!

Thank you for a look at a creative modification for the Deuce! :p

I can't seem to get onto the site. Get a cannot find server error.

I am getting the same error right now. This is a yahoo file sharing option, and there have been over 120 views since I posted the plan. There may be some Yahoo bandwidth issues.

OK gang, here is a pic of the Nike Deuce lifting off today on 2
C6-5s at our ASTRE club launch. The launch was perfect, and although I lost a parachute string on the way down, recovery was excellent as well.

Latest posts

Back