Quantcast

Rest In Peace David Prowse...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I dressed as Darth Vader in 1977 for Halloween... Star Wars was the hottest thing that year, and I was thrilled with my light saber and vacuuformed mask.

Thanks for the memories!

Rest in Peace David!

NateB

Reaction score
A few years ago, my brother in law jokingly tweeted to David that his birthday was approaching. He got a DM asking for his address and sent him an autographed picture of him in the Vader costume with a nice birthday note.

Funkworks

Reaction score
I ended my SW fandom a long time ago by going to a local convention and giving a high five to Kenner Baker as he was running back down the aisle from a talk. I just couldn't imagine how I would ever top that.

Last edited:

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood, having seen the three real movies in the 70s and 80s. I was disappointed with the later prequels, and have not seen any of the Disney stuff.

Sorry to see Mr. Prowse go, although you can't complain about making it to 85.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A pretty darn good piece of acting if you ask me, considering that he was voiced-over by James Earl Jones and that you really never saw his face (except for the very end of Episode 6).

Funkworks

Reaction score
A pretty darn good piece of acting if you ask me, considering that he was voiced-over by James Earl Jones and that you really never saw his face (except for the very end of Episode 6).
Anakin's face in the original ROTJ was not Prowse's but Sabastian Shaw's. Those few seconds were Shaw's only part in the entire series.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anakin's face in the original ROTJ was not Prowse's but Sabastian Shaw's. Those few seconds were Shaw's only part in the entire series.
I stand corrected... and that makes Prowse's acting even more compelling.