Resident Alien - TV series

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the episodes no longer free to stream from the SyFy website?

I’m having suspicions about the mayor.
He acts odd and especially last night was imitating the actions of others. Similar to Harry.

I’m having suspicions about the mayor.
He acts odd and especially last night was imitating the actions of others. Similar to Harry.
I wouldn't rule out anything in this series, but this would surprise me. I just think the Mayor is feeling a bit lost and/or clueless in his relationship with his wife.

I was so tired last night I fell asleep during the second half :(

What a cast of characters. The sheriff and the mayor with the blinds, how ????. Heck I don't know the right word... Quirky?

-Bob

The sheriff and Mayor were great. D'Arcy is awesome I was gonna be angry I thought they were gonna kill her. the fall out between her and Asta will be interesting.

In episode 4 when he talks about where he lived. Fortunately, I had gone to the bathroom beforehand.

Last episode this season. Wow! I really, really want to post spoilers! Great episode, great ending to the season!

From the last episode; "Our Town" by Iris D Ment

She sounds an awful lot like Nancy Griffith...

From the last episode; "Our Town" by Iris D Ment

She sounds an awful lot like Nancy Griffith...
A great, but sad song.

Resident Alien has been very well reviewed as having a strong Northern Exposure component. I suspect the song Our Town was used in the Resident Alien season finale as an homage to Northern Exposure where it was used in the series finale, Season 6 Episode 23 · Tranquility Base. This is obviously not the scene from Northern Exposure since they're very copyright protective of that show:

Iris DeMent - Our Town - Northern Exposure soundtrack

Reunited ‘Northern Exposure’ Stars Look Back Fondly At Their Quirky Show

One of the many great characters on the show, Adam:

He first appears as Cicely's equivalent of Bigfoot, a shadowy, mythological creature rarely seen and known mainly for petty thefts and leaving enormous bare flatfoot prints.

When Joel Fleischman's truck breaks down in the wilderness, Adam reluctantly comes to his aid, bringing Joel to his secret cabin.

Joel learns that Adam is a misanthropic recluse, a compulsive liar, and a gourmet chef. He also demonstrates a wide array of unrelated skills, in one episode claiming to be a black belt in karate and, later in the same episode, setting up a massive fireworks display for the enjoyment of Cicely's residents. Adam also hints at a past with the CIA, involvement with Iran-Contra, and knowing who Deep Throat is. However, he does know surprising personal details about many Cicely residents.

An excerpt from the Dennis Brown interview, (An Alaskan Bush Pilot and Author of 'Talkeetna Good Time') who's Journals inspired the characters of the (multi)Emmy award winning show Northern Exposure. This segment is about David Cobb whose character was later turned into Adam on the show.

Northern Exposure: Adam's pessimistic views on nature...brilliant! [from the 1990s - prophetic]

Excellent episode, did not lay out quite as the next week previews would have had you believe.

I was very happy with the way the season ended. I think I laughed more during this episode than the others. Can't wait for the next season. The closing line is classic!

-Bob

-still one show behind. We nee dot 'PVR' it, as out cable provider insists on inserting the standard 2 minutes of commercials about every 8-10 minutes.. firggin' annoying!

I have been recommending this show to friends and this last week have gotten two couples to start watching it. They all love it.

Finally watched the season finale. I'll never be able to hear Dr. Hook's Spending the Night Together without thinking of frying pans.

You all got us watching this. What a great series. It definitely has a few LOL moments each episode. I have gone off almond milk. Yes, "lettuce" scene was great. The octopus conversation was hilarious too.

Still a few episodes to go to the end of S1.

Last edited:
I found the comics on one of the apps my local library uses( hoopla). They are very different but also very good.

Watching again. In the first episode, the bar scene, Nicki Minaj's "Starships" beging to play, and Harry starts to dance. It's a nice song, but when I hear it now, I hear verses from Paul Simon's "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover" mixed in.

"Let's go to the beach, each"
"Just slip out the back, Jack"
...&c

Back