Resident Alien - TV series

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Is anyone watching Resident Alien, the new series on SciFi? It stars Alan Tudyk as an alien that crash lands in remote Colorado. He kills and assumes the appearance and life of a reclusive doctor. He is brought into town to examine the body of the town's doctor, who died under mysterious circumstances. Harry (the name of the Dr. that the alien took over) knows all there is to know about humans, except how to act as one. Tudyk's deadpan delivery is comic genius. In one scene, he looks up a couple of (somewhat vulgar) words on his smart phone. He looks at the images of the words. The first doesn't bother him much, the second causes him to throw the phone across his truck. I laugh out loud everytime I see it. The cat says I need to stop watching the show.

Wednesdays on SciFi.

It sounds good, but it's not on one of our streaming services. It'll come out somewhere eventually

Thanks for the rec, I just set my Tivo to record it. Pilot is playing again on Friday so I should be able to catch up this weekend.

I've enjoyed both episodes, very funny. It reminds me of the show on a few years back, 'People of Earth."

yeah, we started too. episode 3 later this week!

My wife is in stitches watching it!! The kid is priceless! he must have had fun with the part!

As the alien is posing as a doctor, its really funny that he confuses the medical terms for human anatomy with the vulgar street slang and uses them inappropriately with a patient. He was telling a couple their newborn son needed to be circumcised, "so your baby won't get gonorrhea."

We watched the first episode. It is one of those shows I MUST record. Watch a funny scene and my wife bursts out laughing. Rewind. Watch the funny scene again and my wife bursts out laughing. Rewind. It may take 4 or 5 run-throughs.

I had meant to start a thread like this about this show, but kept forgetting to do it. We are also watching Mr. Mayor. I'm not a Ted Danson fan, but we find that show funny too. Holly Hunter is really good as the Vice Mayor.

One show I had hopes for was Mayim Bialik's new show Call Me Kat. Sadly, it is horrid. Well, calling it horrid is actually better than it really is.

This show has been giving me at least three or four loud LOLs per episode. It moves pretty seamlessly between crazy alien fish-out-of-water comedy and relationship and personal stuff, and Alan Tudyk is just great.

This line made me laugh the loudest I've laughed at a TV show in a long time (not really a spoiler but just in case):
"Oh no, they're still alive."

yeah, we re enjoying it too!!

and now 2 kids in the fray! and a wife!!

We PVR is, and sadly, we have to skip over the commercials. Hate when they do that... make a show, then insert 3 minutes of commercials every 5-8 minutes..

We just watched the second episode and it was great. The main character is just so arrogant about how superior his alien race is over humans and then he screws up so badly.

Finely a show with some real crafty writing ! I look forward to seeing him every week. Bets the hell out of what is on the networks anymore, so sick of the mindless drivel or so called "Reality" shows. Hard to find a good well written comedy. I wonder what he is going to do with those kids he has in bags and a real human wife !

Attachments

• resident-alien-first-look-promotional-photo.jpg
    resident-alien-first-look-promotional-photo.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 13
Very fun, very weird, glad they turned down some of the disturbing factor that was in the pilot. Tudyk is fantastic. I love how different he plays the Dr when it's a flash back. The kid as nemesis is great. I love how the kid can twist things on him. The stiches seen was well done by both of them.

The sheriff has some great lines, at the town hall meeting he proclaims, "we no longer have a murderer in our midst, ... we now have a serial killer!"

We watched the first episode. It is one of those shows I MUST record. Watch a funny scene and my wife bursts out laughing. Rewind. Watch the funny scene again and my wife bursts out laughing. Rewind. It may take 4 or 5 run-throughs.

I had meant to start a thread like this about this show, but kept forgetting to do it. We are also watching Mr. Mayor. I'm not a Ted Danson fan, but we find that show funny too. Holly Hunter is really good as the Vice Mayor.

One show I had hopes for was Mayim Bialik's new show Call Me Kat. Sadly, it is horrid. Well, calling it horrid is actually better than it really is.
Yeah, Call Me Kat. Not so much. I don't know who her agent is but she might want a new one.
Edit: Have you noticed how, after they priced themselves out of the Big Bang, you really don't see them much anymore. Maybe they made enough to retire. 😂

Mr. Mayor is good; I started recording it only recently, when I learned it was a Tina Fey/Robert Carlock production. It's not as sharp as 30-Rock was but still funny and enjoyable. Not "must see" like Resident Alien though. :)

You can watch any episode on SyFy streaming channel for free. I actually found it on Peacock when I signed up the for free. It forwarded me to the SyFy channel when I searched for the Resident Alien.

We are addicted to this show now.
Reminds me of Brain Dead - the funniest most accurate show ever made about politics!! :)

Yeah, Call Me Kat. Not so much. I don't know who her agent is but she might want a new one.
Edit: Have you noticed how, after they priced themselves out of the Big Bang, you really don't see them much anymore. Maybe they made enough to retire. 😂

'Penny' is in a new show
'Leonard' I think has other interests that he is pursuing
'Sheldon' voices 'Young Sheldon'

And the others likely are happy doing whatever.. I'd like to think that these types of people make enough, then invest the crap out of it, and hang 'behind the scenes'..

As for Myriam B.. sad to see that she has sooo much potential & a PhD, but wastes the degree acting.. And even then, I think she jumped into something that had great promises.. And that she had to 're-invent' herself as to not be a Blossom / Amy type-cast ..

As for the BB show, I see re-runs every night on one station, twice on some nights!! So, I assume 'syndication' has been very good to them!

Jim Parsons didn't want to do BBT anymore. He said he had done everything with his character. When you have millions in the bank and millions more coming in every year from reruns and other projects, its easy to understand why he walked away from doing Sheldon.

Back