Resident Alien - TV series

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

barn

BAR none
Reaction score
Are the episodes no longer free to stream from the SyFy website?

MClark

Reaction score
I’m having suspicions about the mayor.
He acts odd and especially last night was imitating the actions of others. Similar to Harry.

neil_w

Doldrum dweller
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
He acts odd and especially last night was imitating the actions of others. Similar to Harry.
I wouldn't rule out anything in this series, but this would surprise me. I just think the Mayor is feeling a bit lost and/or clueless in his relationship with his wife.

Bruiser

Reaction score
I was so tired last night I fell asleep during the second half :(

What a cast of characters. The sheriff and the mayor with the blinds, how ????. Heck I don't know the right word... Quirky?

-Bob

mjennings

Reaction score
The sheriff and Mayor were great. D'Arcy is awesome I was gonna be angry I thought they were gonna kill her. the fall out between her and Asta will be interesting.

CalebJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I need to get caught up on the most recent episode as well. Sounds like it's a good one!

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
"The mayor; I knew it", Dan Twelvetrees (Asta's father)

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
In episode 4 when he talks about where he lived. Fortunately, I had gone to the bathroom beforehand.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Last episode this season. Wow! I really, really want to post spoilers! Great episode, great ending to the season!

neil_w

Doldrum dweller
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Great finale. What an incredibly entertaining show.

No idea where they're going to take it next season, but I'll be along for the ride.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Love the show and just noticed this thread. You can watch episodes for free depending upon your ISP at:

Show theme:

Brown Bird - Bilgewater

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
From the last episode; "Our Town" by Iris D Ment

She sounds an awful lot like Nancy Griffith...

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
From the last episode; "Our Town" by Iris D Ment

She sounds an awful lot like Nancy Griffith...
A great, but sad song.

Resident Alien has been very well reviewed as having a strong Northern Exposure component. I suspect the song Our Town was used in the Resident Alien season finale as an homage to Northern Exposure where it was used in the series finale, Season 6 Episode 23 · Tranquility Base. This is obviously not the scene from Northern Exposure since they're very copyright protective of that show:

Iris DeMent - Our Town - Northern Exposure soundtrack

Reunited ‘Northern Exposure’ Stars Look Back Fondly At Their Quirky Show

One of the many great characters on the show, Adam:

He first appears as Cicely's equivalent of Bigfoot, a shadowy, mythological creature rarely seen and known mainly for petty thefts and leaving enormous bare flatfoot prints.

When Joel Fleischman's truck breaks down in the wilderness, Adam reluctantly comes to his aid, bringing Joel to his secret cabin.

Joel learns that Adam is a misanthropic recluse, a compulsive liar, and a gourmet chef. He also demonstrates a wide array of unrelated skills, in one episode claiming to be a black belt in karate and, later in the same episode, setting up a massive fireworks display for the enjoyment of Cicely's residents. Adam also hints at a past with the CIA, involvement with Iran-Contra, and knowing who Deep Throat is. However, he does know surprising personal details about many Cicely residents.

An excerpt from the Dennis Brown interview, (An Alaskan Bush Pilot and Author of 'Talkeetna Good Time') who's Journals inspired the characters of the (multi)Emmy award winning show Northern Exposure. This segment is about David Cobb whose character was later turned into Adam on the show.

Northern Exposure: Adam's pessimistic views on nature...brilliant! [from the 1990s - prophetic]

mjennings

Reaction score
Excellent episode, did not lay out quite as the next week previews would have had you believe.

Bruiser

Reaction score
I was very happy with the way the season ended. I think I laughed more during this episode than the others. Can't wait for the next season. The closing line is classic!

-Bob

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
-still one show behind. We nee dot 'PVR' it, as out cable provider insists on inserting the standard 2 minutes of commercials about every 8-10 minutes.. firggin' annoying!

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
I have been recommending this show to friends and this last week have gotten two couples to start watching it. They all love it.

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Caught the first two episodes last night (on Channel 9 here in Oz). Laughed a lot at the selfie taken during the pelvic exam. Looking forward to the rest of the first series.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Caught the first two episodes last night (on Channel 9 here in Oz). Laughed a lot at the selfie taken during the pelvic exam. Looking forward to the rest of the first series.
Before the breeze dries out the lettuce? That scene was hilarious... 😁

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
Finally watched the season finale. I'll never be able to hear Dr. Hook's Spending the Night Together without thinking of frying pans.