Research Access?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
Greets!

I requested access to the research forum a few weeks' back via the Appropriate Method.

Friendly Ping?
-dh.

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I will add a bump since I did the same thing a couple weeks ago and have had no response either.

Are we both too suspicious characters?

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
I will add a bump since I did the same thing a couple weeks ago and have had no response either.

Are we both too suspicious characters?
You, yes definitely.

Me, clearly a fine upstanding gentleman.

Last edited:

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by the number of posts by you'se guys, you should be run out of town on a rail:tongue:
Nah just kidding. I 'spect once the PTB (powers that be) get wind, you'll be in.
Oh, you might have to give proof of holding a "REAL MAN" card and US citizenship but not too hard to do. Kurt

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
Judging by the number of posts by you'se guys, you should be run out of town on a rail:tongue:
You're not wrong :-D

Nah just kidding. I 'spect once the PTB (powers that be) get wind, you'll be in.
Oh, you might have to give proof of holding a "REAL MAN" card and US citizenship but not too hard to do. Kurt
It -has- only been a couple of weeks since I emailed off the pics. I should work on my patiently waiting face, but it's just as ugly as all the rest.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I've sent an email to see how the approvals for Research is going. Hope you're in soon, or I have an answer to the reasons.

bobkrech

Reaction score
Sorry guys for the delayed response. I'm retired but I work for several non-profit organizations and during the last few months my attentions have been centered on my assignments at the Deputy Commander for Cadets and the Aerospace Education officer of the Beverly Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol and the Topsfield Fair where I am a member of the Flower Committee.

Our CAP Squadron has/is marshaling 2 Air Shows in September: Beverly Fun Day, a fund-raiser for Cystic Fibrosis, where 5,000 folks enjoyed a fund time at KBVY, and The Collings Foundation's Wings of Freedom Tour from September 29 thru October 1 at KBVY where we expect another 5,000 folks. We are also marshaling the parking lot for the Foundation's Battle for the Airfield on October 7. The Topsfield Fair starts Friday September 29 and runs through Columbus day, and is the oldest continually running agricultural fair in the USA! In it's 199th year to be exact and will have about 1,000,000 visitors if the weather cooperates!

These events take months of heavy coordination and work to come off without a hitch which explains my absence from TRF for last several months. I hope to be back in the middle of October with a number of photo posts highlighting these events and a one day excursion to SC to see the 2017 eclipse.

In the mean time I will review requests a couple time a week until then.

Bob

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Bob. I totally understand life taking a time schedule of it's own. Thanks for checking in, and taking care of this for the members.

6.5Grendel

Reaction score
I'm in the same predicament as well, and have been for months. I'm just staying patient, but I've taken all the various methods suggested to request the access but haven't heard anything. Its frustrating, but I figure something must be keeping them tied up and they will hopefully get to it someday.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
If Bob is too busy to continue in this capacity, then perhaps it's time for someone else to step up? Chuck? John? Mike?

chilled

Reaction score
I’m also waiting for approval. Any assistance is appreciated. I do understand you are all volunteers and appreciate what you do, so I’ll wait patiently :)

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

tHoagland

Rocket Builder
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If someone's adding Research access, I'm also waiting ...

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Each one of you that has not done so, please use the contact us at the bottom right of the page, and send a message. I will get it and return so you can send the information needed to verify you into the research area. Bob, has been away and probably dealing with regular day to day life, and the mods and I have tried to get this sorted out for you.

Angie

6.5Grendel

Reaction score
Each one of you that has not done so, please use the contact us at the bottom right of the page, and send a message. I will get it and return so you can send the information needed to verify you into the research area. Bob, has been away and probably dealing with regular day to day life, and the mods and I have tried to get this sorted out for you.

Angie
Angie,

Thank you for your assistance, the email has been sent, and I will be happy to provide the required information for verification after I get the response.

And I certainly understand that real life comes up and I appreciate your willingness to try to get this sorted out.

afadeev

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to return email asking for the information required for Research Access.

Here is the requirements:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?17943-Research-Forum-Access
Thanks, Angie.
I had followed that process last October, and am in no particular rush to get approved.

At this point, the length of the wait period has become somewhat humorous.
I am ready to start running an over/under book on whether or not Bobkrech has been kidnapped by his "Flower Committee".
I am on month 5, looking forward to crossing 1/2 year threshold.
:lol:

a

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If Bob is too busy to continue in this capacity, then perhaps it's time for someone else to step up? Chuck? John? Mike?
Yeah, Stuff happens for folks and perhaps backup would be a smart thing to handle the backlog of requests. Kurt Savegnago

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
One little tip. When I signed up years ago, I name dropped my mentors whom I had direct contact with including the instructor who came down to the L3 prefects shop to teach a motor making class. Came from the Chicago area and even though I was only an L1, I was allowed in as they needed my money to make a quorum to make the class. Best $200.00 I ever spent and got a Loki 54mm motor along with two K’s and one L motor grain sets.
The test firing of a 54mm L motor really got me hooked!
It was easy for the moderators to see I was legit and I think I was in, in a week. I had frequented the old Tripoli Quad Cities site that had a lot of open research discussion on it. When I mentioned about trying to do colored smoke grains to be burned in a motor, I was summarily brow beat in a pseudo derogatory fashion to stay away from that. I took that advice and just made some open air smoke bombs. I rationalized if a color smoke grain was easily possible, a commercial motor maker would have already come up with one!

I did prove to myself that AP burned too hot as I made a loose powder smoke “bomb” and indeed the red dye was washed out due to the high temp and got just white smoke. Use the proper oxidizer and one gets color. Put that idea to bed. Kurt