• Have you entered ???
    LAUNCH LAB ROCKETRY GIVEAWAY

Rescheduled - RIMRA/CMASS Joint Launch 08 October 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
251
Location
Amesbury, MA
The Central Massachusetts Spacemodeling Society (CMASS) has a joint launch rescheduled for 09 10 July with the Rhode Island Model Rocket Association (RIMRA) at their field in West Kingston, RI. Check the RIMRA website for directions. Set up will start at 9 AM and we'll fly well into the afternoon.

The usual 1500-foot limit will be in force with call-in for flying to 3000-feet.

The plan is to use the CMASS ring of 11 pads and launch controller for low- and mid-power flights and the RIMRA HPR set up including their wireless launch controller. If you are planning on flying HPR, please be sure to bring your current NAR or TRA membership card showing your certification level.

Jim Flis will be there with his fine line of products. If you need any specific kits or components from Jim, contact him ahead of time and he'll be happy to bring it to the field. Jim will also be flying some more RSO approved prototypes and, good or bad, that's always fun to watch.

Jason will be covering your needs from the bountiful storehouse of AMWProX. Again, if you are looking for something specific, contact Robert, Gloria or Jason ahead of time so it will be sure to be at the field.

UPDATE 09 JULY - Due to weather forecasts turning unfavorably, the joint launch for this month has been cancelled.

UPDATE 07 OCTOBER - The weather looks like it will hold and we will be GO for the Joint Launch this Saturday.
 
Last edited:

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
251
Location
Amesbury, MA
Just to bump this up, it looks like Fliskits won't be attending the rescheduled launch.
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
251
Location
Amesbury, MA
The weather is not being friendly. Right now, the weekend is looking wet with lightning.

Paul from RIMRA will be making the GO/NOGO call by noon on Friday and posting to their website. I will be out of pocket and won't be able to post or send an email until Friday evening.

Please keep an eye on either of both websites to get the latest on the launch status. If the launch is called off, we'll re-reschedule for another month.
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
251
Location
Amesbury, MA
The weather is looking better for Sunday so the launch will now take place on the 10th.

Set up will still begin at 9 AM and we'll fly as far toward 4 PM as we can.
 

r12ski

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
286
Reaction score
6
Will Jason from AMWProX still be peddling his wares?
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
251
Location
Amesbury, MA
The weather has played tricks with us all weekend and the joint launch is now cancelled for this month.
We will try to set one up for later in the season.
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,453
Reaction score
251
Location
Amesbury, MA
We are going with the rescheduled date of 08 October 2016. The final call will be made at 6 PM Friday.
 
Top