Reported Content: Post in thread 'Ion engines in Star Wars don’t work. Alternative?'

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
Reaction score
Post in thread 'Ion engines in Star Wars don’t work. Alternative?' by Maximum7 has been reported by Nytrunner. Reason given:
Move to Watering hole?

Content being reported:
I am a lifelong Star Wars fan and I was heartbroken to discover that ion engines could NOT work both in the atmosphere of a planet and space; which is the bread and butter depiction of Star Wars. I have to assume that in the Star Wars universe; somehow, someway scientists figured out how to make Ion engines SSTO with science that we don’t have yet. That being said. Here is my question.

Do you have an alternative atmosphere to space propulsion idea that people in Star Wars might be able to use as an upgrade to Ion engines 100 years from when the Sequel Trilogy movies end? I’m looking for something obscure. Not plasma, nuclear propulsion, solar sails or antimatter. Those all have their own problems. It needs to be able to transition from atmosphere to space and be more efficient than Ion engines. Whatever comes to your creative mind.

Back