Replacement Parts for Estes Pro II Models (Argent)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyrRocketGuy

Reaction score
Hey All,

My son recently conducted an unintentional core sample with his Estes Argent, the same kit he got his Jr. Lvl 1 with. Given the sentimental nature of the rocket, we are hoping to repair it (it just needs some new sections of body tube).

I've run into the issue of not being able to find the Estes 2" and 2.5" body tube sections *anywhere!* Does anyone know of a replacement part that would work for the Estes 2" and 2.5" tubes on the old Pro II kits?

Estes Part # 030615 and # 031390 and the 2.5" coupler # 030189...

The 2" OD Body Tube is out of stock, but I guess I will hold out hope it will be back in-stock sometime soon

I think they are clearing out the parts and there is no guarantee they will be back. They only offered the parts after they discontinued the rockets. If I were you I would buy a coupler and two of the slotted tubes and cut what you need to do the repair.

Good luck

Try contacting eRockets.biz

While they might not have genuine Estes Parts, they might have compatible tubes.

eRockets does have these"

ST-20 Centuri Standard Tube 2.042 OD 2.000 ID 0.021 Wall
LT-200 Large Tube 2.080 OD 2.000 ID 0.045 Wall

The LT-200 must be pretty close. The info we have on the Estes tube is 2.00 inch OD tubing, 0.040 wall thickness

I would suggest a call to Estes on Monday to ask if they plan to restock it.

-Bob

My experience with the Estes PS II parts page is that out of stock parts do show up again, it must be a tracking issue with their system. Also try contacting the Estes customer service folks by e-mail from their "contact us" page. They are very responsive, and it doesn't hurt to ask. I recently obtained their factory patterns for the PS II fins (as PDF files) simply by asking.

For the actual PS II Estes parts, I have some research info and a fairly complete set of best-measurement dimensions on https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dbcook/openrocket-database/master/orc/estes_ps2.orc I have the 2.0" OD tube wall at .034 and the coupler OD at 1.920. In my examples the coupler is a loose fit in the tube, which you'd expect with 12 mils of clearance.

That said, if I was building a clone I'd use the e-rockets Centuri size tubes, since they are probably going to remain available. Unfortunately they are not at all cross-compatible with the Estes PS II sizes.

BTW if anyone has accurate weights for the actual Estes PS II nose cones and transitions, please post.

When I checked following the previous post on Sunday they still showed out of stock on my computer. However, I just went there again and they are showing in stock now.

-Bob

Yeah, I bought some clone parts from Estes for a Mega Der Red Max (balance of the parts from Erockets) and some parts for the Leviathan. The parts can show in and out of stock one day to the next, be patient, their customer service is top notch these days. Due to something showing out of stock, but then there the next day, they refunded my postage for the second order. With out of production (OOP) items, I order them when I see them, as you never know when they really will be gone.

Back