Removing ejection charge from CTI K630 to enable use in Dual Deploy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to make a Dual Deployment flight but it looks like a lower cloud ceiling than the CTI L850 will allow for. Is there a special technique to allow removal of the ejection charge from a CTI 630 so that I may test my Dual Deployment configuration?
Thanks.

Unless the part of your rocket with the motor is is sealed off from the drogue bay, you don't need to remove the ejection charge. Just leave it in with the maximum delay and it can act as a backup to your electronic's drogue ejection charge.

Is there a special technique to allow removal of the ejection charge from a CTI 630
Should be in the instructions with the motor.
From the Manufacturer
NOTE: If using an electronic recovery system, pry the white plastic disc from the end of the delay/ejection module and transfer the powder to your remote
ejection charge holder and follow the recovery system instructions. Reinstall the module into the reload assembly. We recommend that you leave the delay
unadjusted for these applications to minimize delay residue ahead of the motor forward closure.

I also have the habit of filling the area that contained the ejection charge with epoxy to block the flame hole. I'm sure it is probably totally unnecessary but it gives me assurance that I don’t have stray gasses or heat going where I don't want it.

I would just do as number 2 post. Just leave it in and don't adjust delay. It's a good back up if nothing else it should keep rocket from lawn darting.

I also have the habit of filling the area that contained the ejection charge with epoxy to block the flame hole. I'm sure it is probably totally unnecessary but it gives me assurance that I don’t have stray gasses or heat going where I don't want it.
Usually I just pack the chargewell with dogbarf and tape over or replace the white disc

Usually I just pack the chargewell with dogbarf and tape over or replace the white disc
I have done that as well. If I have the time I do prefer the epoxy method. As said above, if you can leave the charge in place that can be a nice safety backup, but on alot of my flights the delay times do not fit within my flight profile.

Back