Removing decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketcrab

Reaction score
I recently acquired a built 3.0" diameter Bullpup, and while I'm not 100% sure, I think it's from PML. It looks like it was seen a number of flights but is still in very good condition, it just needs some TLC. After I fix the dings and battle scars, I'd like to re-finish it. So, my question is, does anyone have a good method of removing decals? I believe that they are the usual water-slide type. Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, can anyone tell me who makes a 3.0 Bullpup other than PML?

I recently acquired a built 3.0" diameter Bullpup, and while I'm not 100% sure, I think it's from PML. It looks like it was seen a number of flights but is still in very good condition, it just needs some TLC. After I fix the dings and battle scars, I'd like to re-finish it. So, my question is, does anyone have a good method of removing decals? I believe that they are the usual water-slide type. Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, can anyone tell me who makes a 3.0 Bullpup other than PML?

I removed some decals once using WD40.

I've seen lots of recommendations for scotch tape. I've used micro set decal solution and a paint brush to lift and reset recently applied decals with some success.

If worse comes to worse, sandpaper will remove waterslide decals. However, it will affect the paint finish.... soi if you are refinishing your paint, you should be OK w/sandpaper.

Fred

Try regula scotch transparent tape... put some tape on top of the offending decal then remove the tape. It worked for me when removing decals from an old Interceptor.

Back